1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

I need a little advise, Please

Discussion in 'Informational & Technical Archives' started by ruffitt, Feb 24, 2003.

1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

BlackGun
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/22/02 8:17:53 am)
    | Edit | Del All I need a little advise, Please
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As you all know I'm new to the selling game on the net. I don't want to make a mistake, so I need some sound advise! I put 17 boxes of factory .40 Cal ammo on GB it sold for $9.00 a box. I got all the correct shipping infor from the folks at HasMat at UPS. Now to my question, I am not an FFL, I did though request a photo copy of the man's Drivers License and a signed letter stating it was not unlawful for him to purchase Small Arms carteridges in his state. His mailing address is in Baltamore MD. Am I, as a private citizen allowed to ship such goods to a winning bidder in that/this state? I sure don't want uncle sugar in my britches!
    I suffer from occasional loss of mental stability, and become very violent with only slight provocation. The Veterans Administration has determined that both mental and physical harassment of my person may be hazardous to your health and well being. So stay away from my Donuts!!

BlackGUN

Edited by: BlackGun at: 3/22/02 9:39:48 am

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/22/02 9:21:33 am)
    | Edit | Del Re: I need a little advise, Please
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You do not need to be an FFL to ship ammo, unless you are dealing with "Restricted" ammo. You have the required statement from the buyer, just as major shippers require. No problimo. Mark box as required by shipper and ship. No USPS though. LTS
    T.F.F.

BlackGun
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/22/02 9:37:40 am)
    Thanks, Mike! I feel better now. I don't want those guys with the funny looking badges knocking on my door in the wee hours of the morning wanting to hold hands!
    I suffer from occasional loss of mental stability, and become very violent with only slight provocation. The Veterans Administration has determined that both mental and physical harassment of my person may be hazardous to your health and well being. So stay away from my Donuts!!

BlackGUN

gun runner john
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/22/02 10:00:14 am)
    It is also up to the buyer to know the laws of his state, so if for some reason it's illegal to receive that ammo there, he should not "order" it.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/22/02 10:37:10 am)
    You (BG) certainly don't know if the buyer is a convicted felon.
    And to reiterate what gun runner john says, it's the responsibility of the Buyer.

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 3/22/02 10:39:24 am

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/22/02 11:24:08 am)
    I think the statement has to say something like "It's not illegal for me (him) to recieve it in his state or locality..." besides that he's over 18 or 21...that will protect you too...

I just shipped ammo for the first time, and never got the statement...but since the guy bought the GUN from me, I thought it was self-evident, but I probably screwed up....and nobody asked for it either...yet...UPS only hassled me over the "ORM-D" "sticker," turned out it only needs to be written on the box....
    "Don't hear him call you an @sshole, hear WHY he's calling you an @sshole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"

BlackGun
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/22/02 11:37:43 am)
    UPS was cool they said to put the ORM-D inside a retangle. I asked Jim Holmes with their HasMat dept, what if they hastled me, he told me to have them call him and he would straighten them out. Works for me! Thanks Guys! I just dobn't any problems with Uncle Sugar. You all would have bury me, if they came in my home and seized all my guns. I don't even want to tell y'all how many I have. Boys and their toys (shakeing my head,) I will say I have 2 of ziggies and maybe XX or so of Doc's!

BlackGUN

Edited by: BlackGun at: 3/22/02 11:41:21 am

Tac401
    Administrator
    (3/22/02 7:28:04 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: I need a little advise, Please
    I just started putting the following statement in my
    ammo auctions-

NOTICE: BY BIDDING AND OR WINNING THIS AUCTION ITEM YOU ARE HEREBY STATING THAT THERE ARE NO LOCAL, STATE OR FEDERAL LAWS THAT PROHIBIT YOU FROM BUYING AMMUNITION AND YOU ARE ALSO HEREBY STATING THAT YOU ARE OF THE AGE OF 21-YEARS OLD OR OLDER!

Of course it is handgun ammo thus the 21-thing, I was
    having them send statements but they are piling up
    out the ying yang!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

BlackGun
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/22/02 7:50:00 pm)
    Thanks All! TAC, I pirated the top part! I left your Yang Yang Out! Is that like a hemoritac thang

BlackGUN

Tac401
    Administrator
    (3/22/02 10:18:33 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: I need a little advise, Please
    Ain't you got no Ying in Yo Yang BG?