I need a machinest

Discussion in 'Informational & Technical Archives' started by ruffitt, Feb 24, 2003.

1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

jeeper1
    (11/24/01 5:53:08 am)
    | Edit | Del All I need a machinest
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I need an adapter made for my mini-14. simple lathe work with the hardest part being some external threads cut. preferabaly someone in souyhern calif. so thet fitting can be done. I have a golfball firing attachment for an ar-15 that I want to use with my mini-14.I don't have much money since I became disabled 2 years ago so the work would have to be very low cost.

warpig883
    (11/24/01 10:58:02 am)
    | Edit | Del Re: I need a machinest
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Don't sound to compicated. Run it down to the local machine shop and tell them to get to work.
    One after one, by the star-dogged moon, Too quick for groan or sigh, Each turned his face with a ghastly pang, And cursed me with his eye. Four times fifty living men, (And I heard nor sigh nor groan) With heavy thump, a lifeless lump, They dropped down one by one.

AGunguy
    (11/24/01 12:22:51 pm)
    Warpig is so right. You just have to check out your local machinest until you find one with some enthusiasim for your project. Chances are you will eventually find a brother of the gun who will want to help you in your project.

I've done this very thing myself...seek and yee shall find...good luck.

Gunguy

44rugerfan
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/24/01 5:13:35 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: I need a machinest
    If all you need is some threads cut, you can buy a cheap tap and die set for around $25. If the work is more complicated or has tight tolerances, I would also say take it to a local machine shop. But be prepared to pay the guy going rate.
    The Trademark Of Reliability

jeeper1
    (11/24/01 6:44:51 pm)
    I was thinking of an adapter somewhat like an sks flash hider that slides on and than twists around to be held on by the front sight with the other end threaded to fit the gfa (same threads as the ar-15 flasfhider) with a 5/16 th. hole thru the center so that the blank will launch the golfball.

jeeper1
    (11/24/01 6:49:18 pm)
    If you are unfamiliar with what a gfa is this is where I got it from
    www.faxworldcom.com/lgweap
    than look for golfball firing attachment

the real fredneck
    (11/24/01 8:19:57 pm)
    would threading the barrel violate some ATF regs?

jeeper1
    (11/24/01 11:01:09 pm)
    Here in calif it probably would be against the law because I could than put a flash hider on it(oops I mean a thread protector). It probably would than be clasified as an assualt weapon.I would feel more legal with a slipon adapter. I do enough crazy things as it is.