I need a new....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dave W., Jan 11, 2005.

1. Dave W.

Dave W. New Member

Pool Cue. I know there have to be a few sharks roaming around here, I'd like to keep the cost of the cue down to around the $500.00 range because I still need to buy another gun in the near future. I have a Brunswick Goldcrown 9ft. table at home and currently shoot with a Joss cue that belongs to my roommate. I'm no shark by any means but it's a way to pass the time when I'm not shooting, reloading or lurking around the forums...

Dave
  2. fishermanben

fishermanben New Member

Dave, don't spend money on a nice stick. They aren't worth it. You can get a two-piece maple with a good tip for $70. That's more than anyone needs.

Ben
  3. mauser_central

mauser_central New Member

before my injury i played pool ever single day [ 8ball and a little 9 ]. Never claimed to be a shark but always thought i was above average player. won some money at it lost some as well. as for cues of my choice out in pool halls was a house cue. if you got a nice straight house cue in the .oz/weight you favor with a good tip you can shoot with the best of em when needed and lay low and play like crap when not without drawing attention. As for shooting at home or trnys. i like Meucci's every cue they make stands out over all others they are great, mine was 19oz maple cant remember the model right off i sold it after my injury. any way heres a link to some cues to check out http://www.poolndarts.com/index.cfm...a631483ba-6384DF10-D61C-4F06-BAE556ED26CD085A
    someone use to make a ''sleeper cue'' looked just like a one piece house cue but was actually a 2 piece, check them out if you can find them.....nice indeed.

like ben said though dont spend a fortune on a cue unless you just want the flash. i saw an older guy 60ish use a broom handle to run a table when i was 16..... its the cue holder that counts not the cue.
  4. dcon12

dcon12 Active Member Supporting Member

Yep, Like Mauser said, its the shooter not the stick. I used to play a lot at a place called the Cloud nine and a fellow that frequented it was an ex tour player. Would play with a mop to show you. Don
  5. Texas_Shooter

Texas_Shooter New Member

:D Get one with a scope :D
  6. mauser_central

7. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

8. Dave W.

Dave W. New Member

Mauser- Thanks for the link, my roommate actually has one of those also. I just want a nice cue to have for shooting with at home. So basically I kind of want a nice looking one. I own alot of guns for much the same reason, if you can relate. I have six different Smith .357's of course I don't need them all just a matter of want, same with the cue, I'll check into the meucci's for sure.

Dave
  9. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

Dave, e-mail me your addy, stop shopping, and check your mail box! ;)
  10. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

My son, Sean, builds custom cues, when he's not off playing in the sandbox. If you are interested, I'll ask him to email you.

Pops
  11. Tim Kakawate

Tim Kakawate New Member

mauser central,

Can't help not to laugh with your quote on Luke 11 Chapter 21 Verse 6. Can't agree moreto it.Will certainly look for itduring vespers. Best of luck to you.

Tim Kakawate
  12. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

OH BY THE WAY DAVE W.
    trap55 is the owner of a goofy sight system :eek: :D ;) now what he does with it I can not say but I am looking forward to seeing the pictures when he post them :)
    Way to Trap55 :rolleyes: :cool: ;)
  13. mauser_central

Thanks i liked it since i first read it but..Edjucate me whats vespers??? im a hillbilly, never heard that before.