I need help getting set up

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

tccox
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/9/02 4:30:53 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All I need help getting set up
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have had my C&R for several months and have made several purchases over the past few months. I sat down last night to get myself legal and log all this stuff in. I am at a loss of how to begin. It seems ATF sent every form but what I need to put in the "bound book".

How do you guys set your records up? Thanks, Tom
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/9/02 8:41:46 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: I need help getting set up
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In all the volumes of crud they sent you should be a booklet "Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide". In that booklet is an illustration of what a records page should look like.

Basically the first line should be:

Manufacturer and or importer/Model name/Serial No./Type(i.e., semi auto pistol, revolver, bolt rifle)/caliber/finish/comments (last two are not necessary but I use them for my descriptions of other markings, etc.)

Second line: Receipt: Date/Name & address or name & license No. // Disposition: Date/Name & address or Name & license No./Date of birth if non-license/Drivers license No. or other ID if non-license

Hope this helps.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

mckheean
    (7/10/02 7:09:31 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: I need help getting set up
    I bought a bound book at the local gun show for 5:95,it is just like the example the BATF sends out

tccox
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/10/02 8:54:22 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del I need help
    Thanks Bob & Benny. I found the refereced book and will do some reading tonight. I just couldn't wait to get orders off to J&G & SOG on those cheap Turks. Tom

gun runner john
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/10/02 2:12:29 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: I need help
    If you're looking for an electronic copy of a bound book, I've placed one on my web pages and it's available in either Excel or Adobe Acrobat format. The XLS file is good if you want to "tweak" it, the PDF file is good if you're lazy and just want to print a bunch of pages.

mywebpages.comcast.net/jo...d_Book.pdf

mywebpages.comcast.net/jo...d_Book.xls

This is the format I use to log my stuff...

tccox
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/10/02 9:05:36 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: I need help
    Thanks a bunch Gun Runner, much appreciated! I use webtv and couldn't open either file so I sent it to my son in San Antonio. He did his thing and sent it back to me and I have made bunches of copies. Worked like a charm. Tom
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.