The Firearms Forum banner

I need help!

4K views 38 replies 16 participants last post by  coreyacp 
#1 ·
I have my whole life I have lived with my dad and we were in a nice area but one thing about california is one street is so nice and then you go one street over and it is terrible. I am serious the whole state is basically like that except for some of the really rich areas but anyway my dad was still prepared he had a sig p226 with these hallow points in it that when they hit the target they exploded into a ton of pieces so they didnt go threw walls. Idk what they were called? but anyway he had a plan. But when I got out of high school he moved to Vermont an my mom is in Oregon and i have a couple months till I go to basic and move up to Oregon so I stayed down here to be with my girlfreind an friends but I am staying with my friend sean at his apartment.
His apartment is in N palm springs gateway which is the worst area of palm springs.
Mexican gangs rule.
They will car jack you if you park in front or at a stop sign in front of there house. There was a shooting last night. I didnt know what I was getting into.
I Cant carry cause its california and I am only 18.
but I am considering it...
This older gentleman who is about to pass away gave me is goverment .45 two days ago with awesome grips with his rank and name and the army emblem on the side oh an his unit
anyway I can carry that in my truck and carry a glock 19 on me to that my bud sean wold let me borrow but I am so afraid of the law...
The police are worse out here sometimes then the thugs...
I carry right now a cheap smith an wesson extereme ops blade but its ALWAYS on me
but I am so scared and night :( I have my shotgun by the bed every night and i Sleep on the couch by the front door an the only window in the whole place
and every night at like 1130 when i get off of work i have to walk with my 4000 dollar macbook pro across the dark parkin lot past a constant gang party across the way and thugs I am freaking out I have no where else to go I just need to wait it out till october 4th when i ship out But I have had some close calls already HELP
I want all suggestions I do not care if they are politically correct.
This is a problem.
Let me know how to take care of it...

See less See more
#27 ·
What are you going to do with your two guns and computer while you are in boot camp?

Another thing, forget the bear spray, or pepper spray. Get a can of wasp spray. It shoots further, has a larger stream, and you can carry it without any problems. Some places require training and a signoff before you can carry pepper spray, not sure about CA.
Interesting. Not trying to hijack the thread but will the wasp spray incapacitate an attacker? Have never used it. I have wasps-a-plenty but I leave them alone and they leave me alone.

#32 ·
Corey,

If I was still in Ca. I'd offer you a place but I'm not. I'm very familiar with your area. I had a place out of Yucca Valley (Flamingo) not far from Giant Rock (ever heard of Van Tassel?) . Been to the place Willy Boy met his demise and was cremated. My wife worked in Palm Springs and is aware of your area. Point is, there are other places (cheaper) near by where you can veg until time to go. Plenty of places to visit that cost nothing. Joshua Tree National Monument comes to mind (might camp there on weekends). Spend your time in places like that and away from the area you seem to be stuck in.
Might learn a little history of the area in the process.

If all else fails post here to airdale and I'll help if I can.

God's speed

#33 ·
Corey,

If I was still in Ca. I'd offer you a place but I'm not. I'm very familiar with your area. I had a place out of Yucca Valley (Flamingo) not far from Giant Rock (ever heard of Van Tassel?) . Been to the place Willy Boy met his demise and was cremated. My wife worked in Palm Springs and is aware of your area. Point is, there are other places (cheaper) near by where you can veg until time to go. Plenty of places to visit that cost nothing. Joshua Tree National Monument comes to mind (might camp there on weekends). Spend your time in places like that and away from the area you seem to be stuck in.
Might learn a little history of the area in the process.

If all else fails post here to airdale and I'll help if I can.

God's speed
Thanks yeah. thats what I am doing like this weekend I went to the beach an next weekend I am going for a overnight backpacking trip up to idlywild so yeah :)

G
#36 ·
No offense Corey, but many of your last posts are asking for advice.
You continue to ignore all the advice you've been given.

Make all the excuses you want, but the choice is yours.
Heed the advice given to your questions, or choose your own outcome.

I'm not here to argue the fine points. It's your choice.

I like you Corey. But your arguementitive posture counters your sincerity.

You can accept the advice from those that are much older than you, or you can blow it off. You insist on argueing. That's your choice.
You ask for guidence, and refuse to ignore it.

I'm not sure what else I want to contribute.

Good luck.

#37 ·
No offense Corey, but many of your last posts are asking for advice.
You continue to ignore all the advice you've been given.

Make all the excuses you want, but the choice is yours.
Heed the advice given to your questions, or choose your own outcome.

I'm not here to argue the fine points. It's your choice.

I like you Corey. But your arguementitive posture counters your sincerity.

You can accept the advice from those that are much older than you, or you can blow it off. You insist on argueing. That's your choice.
You ask for guidence, and refuse to ignore it.

I'm not sure what else I want to contribute.

Good luck.
:/

#38 ·
Interesting. Not trying to hijack the thread but will the wasp spray incapacitate an attacker? Have never used it. I have wasps-a-plenty but I leave them alone and they leave me alone.
Wasp spray shot in the eyes is a much better deterrent than pepper spray plus the stream will travel much further.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.