I need info about a shotgun

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by coltcobra, Oct 5, 2006.

1. coltcobra

coltcobra New Member

I just buy an old double barrel, no hammer, two trgger, 12 gauge shotgun (really cheap). In the base of the barrels and frame you can read V. V. and the serial number 16353. besides 12-70 and a simbol with BP on it. No make, no model.

Maybe someone can tell me more about this gun...

Thank you for your answers

Coltcobra
  2. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Colt, maybe we'll have this one moved too to "Ask the Experts"...there are a LOT of shotgun guys on this board that might not come to CR so much because they all think we only talk about MILITARY CRs....;) but they will be able to answer your questions there....

And you might also try it in "Black Powder," just a guess, but that "BP" PROBABLY means that I would guess....but then it would HAVE to be made AFTER "smokeless" came around to differentiate, right? HHhhmmmm....

Does it have Damascus barrels, and how long are the chambers?

BTW, how much is "Really Cheap?";)
  3. MRMIKE08075

MRMIKE08075 Member

1. we need pics
    2. take it apart (ie remove the forend and dismount the BBL`s)
    the area covered by the forearm should provide more markings and proofs...

with pictures and markings someone will ID your gun.

best regards, mike.