I need more 1911's.

Tags
3K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  howlnmad 
#1 ·
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I have actually sold one and added a few more. Its time to just shoot the pee out of the ones I have and stop buying more.....well, that sounds good anyhow...

#7 ·
Nice collections, both of ya! ;)

#8 ·
Have to agree all nice collections. My
stall holds fewer but I love to shoot them and look at others.

#10 ·
I really, really, really need a 1911. I've been trying to buy one, I seriously have, but things keep getting in the way. By getting in the way I mean twice in the last three months I've had people approach me saying they are ready to sell their deceased father's guns. Now my daughter told me last night that one of her teachers has two "WWII Rifles" and doesn't even know what they are but he wants to sell them. Good grief Charlie Brown. That said, I've added a Winchester Model 42 (how can a guy pass that up), two Winchester 97's, a Winchester Model 06, a Taurus 38, Ruger SP101 and a Marlin 25MN. Kinda put a hole in my 1911 fund.

Reactions: BlackEagle
#17 ·
Thanks, I need to get a pic of all of them one of these days. I feel kind of bad for hyjacking the OPs thread...

#18 ·
You have the addiction. Good. Good.

I don't have the Colt XSE SS but do have LW Commanders from 2006 in .45 and 2009 in 38 Super.

Do not have a Delta Elite, but do have a Delta Gold Cup from 91-92 where I did replace the rubber wrap around grips for some wood Ironwood stocks from Raasco.

Have a 1988 GCNM in SS that has a little lower S/N than yours (SN16xxx) so I would guess yours was made in maybe 1989. I did replace the rubber wrap around grips with some stocks from the old Ajax Co.

You show the good side of your S&W. Mine has the same S/N prefix and from other threads they say the JRD and JRE prefixes were made with supervision from folks from the Performance Center. I know mine is put together very well. And you didn't show the billboard side of the pistol. I did change out the original stocks for some from Carbon Creations by the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.