I need prayer about getting back into ministry.

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by tcox4freedom, Nov 8, 2012.

1. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

As some of you know I have been disabled for over 10 years. But, the last few years I have been feeling a tug to get involved once again in ministry.

At one time I moved very strongly in the Spirit and God. People were blessed with healing, deliverance and power through my ministry. I had hoped that God would have used the last four years of praying & lamenting for our nation to help me realize HIS plan; and to KNOW that he still hears my prayers of intercession & uses me to bring blessing to others.

This election was a real disappointment to me and has me questioning if I can hear God's voice like I used to. I am questioning whether or not I should continue to get back into ministry.

Would you guys pray that God would open at least ONE door of opportunity for me to preach somewhere?

I really need to know that it is still God's will for me to preach, evangelize and carry the power & blessing of the Holy Spirit to those that need healing, deliverance and power in their life.

Thank You & May God Bless each of you!

-
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  2. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member

My Prayer, Sir.
  3. tcox4freedom

I just wanted to add that the call I have is to travel across the country and carry the Gospel & Power of God to those that need it.

I used to travel a lot when I could afford it. I was able to preach & teach in a several states and in different denominations. Today, I no longer have the money to travel. But, if I could get some type of confirmation that God is working out HIS will for me it would really help my faith.

-
  4. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I will certainly include that in my prayers, Tim.

Consider, though, please, that at the time of Christ, the disciples walked or rode donkeys in their missionary journeys. A hundred and fifty years ago, they used horses, wagons, trains, sailing ships and steam ships. In the last hundred years, they used cars and the medium of Radio and Television to communicate.

Today, we have the internet - - -
  5. ozo

ozo Active Member

And bicycles.....and legs....
    Tim, you already know...........
    Read your book. You know where to look.

Be still, and know !
    You have already had the vision.....don't forsake it.
  6. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'll pray. :)
  7. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

The fact that you have felt the tug, I would humbly suggest, is God's answer to your question. You are in my prayers, sir.
  8. jim brady

jim brady Active Member

Maybe the door you are looking for is closer than you realize. If you can't travel far, maybe it's because you are meant to do it closer to home. I certainly don't have many answers, but it seems to me that the Lord does things that we just can't understand.

If you are willing to look into your own heart and see the the ways that the Lord has worked in YOUR life, you may find the He is active in your life. You couldn't be an effective Minister if you are not willing to see Him in your heart. He has to be there first for you to spread truth to others.

God's voice in this last election? If you remember the phraise: "The Lord works in mysterious ways" maybe you will get an answer there. Lots of us are disappointed, but I don't think the Lord has turned his back on us. There is another reason. Trust him to be wiser than we are. Maybe He feels we need to be tested more. I don't know. I don't have the answer - He does.
  9. tcox4freedom

Thanks guys- I appreciate every one of you.
  10. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Jesus commands us to be fisherman of men. He does not ask us, he commands us. Maybe the reason that God has not spoken to you is because he is waiting patiently on you. The present state of condition in our country is no surprise to God, and regardless of what condition we are in God is sovereign and it is always in his will for us to spread the Gospel.

The only thing holding you back is yourself and nothing more. Think about it this way. When God commanded Noah to build the ark, Noah did it. So, when Jesus tells us to be fisherman of men, we do it. The thing is I am sure there were times when Noah was confused so that is where to prayers started. Your prayers are not weather or not you should get back into the ministry, but they should be prayers of where God wants you. I guarantee you, if you ask God WHERE he wants you he WILL tell you. He is just waiting for you to ask.

Think about this. Peter betrayed Jesus up until Jesus was crucified. The is strange because Peter studied under Jesus, so we can see that Peter had the BEST instruction. So we need to ask ourselves why did Peter change after Jesus died. The reason is because Jesus said that he must leave and the Holy Spirit must come. While on earth Jesus taught what could be seen, however once Jesus left the Holy Spirit came into the world and that is when Peter received conviction, and direction. Change and direction comes from inside, and that direction comes from the Holy Spirit. As for Jesus, he sits at the right hand of God, and he interseeds for us. Because Jesus interseeds for us, God gives us grace. So, if you ask God, in the name of Jesus for direction from the Holy Spirit, that is when the Holy Spirit begins moving the mountains in your life, and that my friend are answered prayers.

I know it's the truth because the Holy Spirit lives within me.

I will be praying for you my friend.

Matthew 28:19
    Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the

John 14:26
    But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

Acts 7:55
    But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God.

Acts 8:16
    because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

72.Acts 19:2
    and asked them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” They answered, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”
    Acts 19:6
    When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied.

Luke 12:10
    And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

Luke 12:12
    for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say.”
  11. crystalphoto

crystalphoto Member

You are in my prayers.
  12. rosierita

rosierita New Member

consider a prayer sent. :)

you've gotten some great advice here. i also think you know the general direction you should go, so ask God for the specifics.
  13. IShootBack

IShootBack Active Member

I'll pray with you for this breakthrough.

76 said it rather well...There is no expiration date on the great commission.

Some thoughts - Homeless shelters, retirement/convalesent homes, drug rehab centers. You probably won't make a dime, but your rewards will be great on the other side.
  14. Barry23

Barry23 New Member

We will pray for you, may God bless you and fulfill your desire. May you be well enough to launch any good work for God, who will replenish your health.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2012
  15. tcox4freedom

I have ministered to recovering addicts & ex-cons off & on for the last 15-20 years. even opening up my home as a halfway house for some. For example-

We (my family) are currently ministering to a couple of poor single parent families. One man has a couple of kids he's raising on his own, He is disabled and thus far cannot get disability. His ex wife is in prison in another state.

Another woman is a recovering addict and ex-con. She has left her addict husband and is trying to get her life straight.

We have been taking their children to church with us for almost two years. We have also bought food, clothing & other items for them. We are not wealthy by any stretch and we give out of our own need. But, the Lord has been faithful at keeping our needs met. (We want to do more. But, we are limited in time & money.)

When I owned my transportation company we gave 10's of thousands of dollars (every year) to retirement & nursing homes. My entire company would regularly go to VA hospitals & convalescent homes & carry personal hygiene & comfort items. We would also throw parties & get together's for them. (Please understand, I am not boasting. just informing.)

I think doing things like this in the past is one reason I want so much to get back into ministry. (The feeling of love & the blessing you receive is so much greater than what you give!)

Thank you Barry. My desire is to change my blog into a ministry called "Providential Pathways"; form a non-profit 501c and begin to do some "MORE" of what I have mentioned here once again. (I need help! But, right now I can't afford to pay for it.)

-
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  16. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Tim, my prayers go out for you also, that God would provide you with the right way to express the message He has given you, and the place to express it.

Acts 1:8--start close to home. The primary focus is to build disciples. One man I heard said we are responsible for the depth of our ministry; God will take charge of its width.

Jesus talked about how "he who is faithful in little will be faithful in much".
  17. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

There is a scripture that says that the gifts and callings of God are without repentance. In other words, when He gives the assignment, go.
  18. tcox4freedom

Again thank you all. I honestly can begin to feel my spirit strengthen so I know your prayers are getting through.

Let me share a little bit more. Years ago as I was getting into ministry (helping some of my elder brothers & sisters in theirs), I asked God for the anointing to heal & deliver people that he told me to.

I was prayed for & prophesied over and as I began to move & be obedient, God showed many many miracles & taught me the ways of spiritual warfare & deliverance. I ministered at hospitals & mental wards with a little old lady in her late 70's. We saw (with our eyes) the manifestation of devils as we prayed & ministered. (Demons are REAL & never let anyone tell you differently!)

I know we have all seen those "TV" preachers that seem to get everyone to be "slain in the Spirit". (I was always skeptical of this; and even today I think a lot of it is theater.) However, I began to pray with certain people and saw similar things begin to happen. So, I opened myself up to whatever God wanted.

Remember how Jesus told us "Lift' me up & I will draw all men to you?

I began to lift Jesus up anywhere & everywhere. Everywhere I went I claimed that place for Jesus. Every person I met I claimed them for Christ. I really began to see things happen. (Strange & wondrous things!)

I hooked up with several music & drama ministries that saw HUNDREDS of prisoners saved during single services; and hundreds more come for prayer. I began to have strangers come up to me on the street and be healed, delivered & saved.

• Remember how Paul sent out a cloth & people were healed & delivered?
    • Remember how people would get healed by the shadow to Peter?
    • Remember how the woman was healed just by touching the hem of Jesus' robe?
    • Remember the madman of the Gerasenes?

I began to see modern instances of all these things. I then begin to do some preaching & teaching on God's grace and the POWER of the Holy Spirit. In my travels God led me to churches that I would pic out of a motel phone book. I saw entire churches delivered from poverty & lack. Ministers and their congregations were transformed by the renewing of their minds.

The Spirit was operating very strongly. I would go to pray for 10, 20, 40 & more. But, before I stepped off the stage they would all be knocked down & blessed by the Holy Spirit.

Even now, I feel the HEAT in my hands & the electricity in my fingertips! (Some of you may know what I am talking about.) So, please be blessed in the name of Jesus as I touch my computer and you, yours.

I had no church backing at all because my home church was AFRAID of what God was doing in my life. I could "read a persons mail". The Spirit would move on me to tell ministers & church leaders that even though they may hide their sin from the congregation, they could NOT hide it from Almighty God!

I was able to speak to & prophesy to the international leaders of several denominations. Some received me. But, others tried to silence me. Finally, I faced a battle where I was beaten down by the enemy and was all alone with no one but Jesus. (That's where I have been for 11yrs now.)

Today, I feel (more than EVER), the church & the world will need to power & protection of the Holy Spirit in the coming months & years.

• A time is coming when God's healing is going to be needed like never before.
    • A time is coming when God's wisdom is going to be needed like never before.
    • A time is coming when God's blessing & PROTECTION is going to be needed more than ever before.
    • A time is coming when those that do not know how to move & worship God in Spirit & Truth will be destroyed.

I just pray that people will finally begin to see that God cannot be mocked. He cannot be placed aside. Nor, can HIS "LIGHT" be extinguished. I want people to know that God's judgment is at hand. We all need to examine ourselves to ensure that we are in the Faith. We need to understand HIS TRUTH; because it is the only HOPE for our Freedom!

-
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  19. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Tim, God has truely done great work through you, and I pray that He will continue to do so.
    Years ago, Billy Graham was starting to conduct his crusades. He saw many people becoming Christians, but was concerned lest they become like some of the seed sown by the wayside or among the weeds...it would germinate but not produce fruit--choked out or burned out. Billy contacted a group called the Navigators because they had a program to follow up new converts; see them grow in their relationship with Christ, and be more like the grain that produced fruit 20 or 100 times what was sown.

Is God preparing you for some of the same kind of work? It's not as focus-grabbing, but is much more important, in the long run. See 2 Timothy 2:2.

No criticism meant; just thoughts. Will continue praying that you will find what God has for you next, as I have been for a while.
  20. jbmid1

jbmid1 Active Member

Try this one on for size...

And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strehgth is made pefect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. II Cor 12; 7-9