I need prayer about getting back into ministry.

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by tcox4freedom, Nov 8, 2012.

1. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

2. tcox4freedom

You could be onto something BE. I was named after my dad's two favorite books in the Bible; (Timothy & James). My grand-dad, who was an old tent preacher always said I had the same calling has my "namesake".

It is also true that since my youth, I have helped people see a greater potential in themselves and help them see it realized. The vast majority of time spent in ministry over the last 20 years has spent spent helping believers (laymen & ministers alike), see a new level of relationship in the Lord and leading them into the power & anointing of the Holy Spirit so they could achieve & attain their full potential in Christ.

It has truly been an honor & blessing to see and be a part of what God has done. I must admit I have been "anxious" at times; and I have struggled with "patiently" waiting on the Lord. But, in spite of my weaknesses, I feel God has blessed me with more "Wisdom" and "discernment" than I have ever had before.

These past 11 years have really been a time when my faith has truly been tested & tried. But, one thing I have also come to realize during this time has been-
    Where "my" faith has been weak, God's grace has been sufficient.
    When my hope was gone, HIS "Faith" has sustained me.

I have come to realize that God often times believes in me far more than I believe in HIM. Most people don't realize that faith is a two way street. We have "faith" in God. But, God also has "faith" in us; and HIS faith in us is far greater (in most cases), than our faith in HIM.

Please God, help us to believe in you the way you believe in us.

-
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  3. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

4. tcox4freedom

I just wanted to give an update, thank you for your prayers and ask you for more.

1st;
    I've begun taking classes to further my education & work towards a degree in Theology.

I'm also beginning to teach a five week series on spiritual warfare and "Effective Fervent Prayer" this Sunday at a small country church about a 30-45min drive from home.

This could lead to my preaching a revival and it may open doors to more opportunities to minister.

The Pastor of the church told me that he was unsure about them being able to pay for my gas to get back & forth; or pay me for teaching.

I told him not to worry about that because my ultimate goal is to help his church get to the next level in faith where God wants to take them. I told him that God will make provision for me some how and I will not refuse a church just because they may not be in a position to compensate me for expenses.

I told him that the "Blessings of God" are not for sale. They are a FREE gift that we are to share with those in need. I also believe God will cause people to give back to us if we seek first HIS Kingdom and HIS Righteousness.

I would like to ask your continued prayer about this call to ministry. Please pray that God will Bless and make financial provision in such a way that my wife will feel secure to retire from her job when it comes time to move on towards this new season in our lives.

-
  5. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Thanks for the update, Tim.

From the Parable of the Talents, Be faithful in the little things; God will bless with larger things.

God's blessings on you and this ministry.
  6. tcox4freedom

Thanks BE.

The pastor told me tonight that I'm not limited to just 5 weeks. He told me if the Holy Spirit leads me to, I can take as much time as I need; (even a whole quarter). The awesome thing is; both the pastor and the SS teacher are both excited about sitting in on the series as well.

I was also asked tonight to fill in for the pastor one Sunday in April. I am totally amazed and extremely humbled at how quickly God can move when we totally submit to HIS will and get out of the way and allow HIM to direct our path.

One day I may share how God really has moved Heaven & Earth to prepare the way for what is beginning to take place. I am completely AWESTRUCK on what I am now seeing. The "Behind the Scenes" work God has been doing for the last 10 years has been nothing short of miraculous!

I shared a prophetic word the Lord gave me here a few months ago. I have seen HIM moving in such a way as to have it come to pass in numerous places across this nation. Revival, restoration and the manifestation of God's Glory is about to descend on this Earth in a manner never before seen. I've been shown at least one entire denomination is going to be dumbfounded when they finally begin seeing the Glory of God move in a way it never has in their midst.

There is a call now going out from Heaven for all of God's people to submit to the Lord as never before and commit to the pursuit of prayer on alters all across this nation and all over the World . The HOLY Spirit is about to do something and HE is calling people to humble themselves and pray in order to make way for the Glory of God!

God told me to start a ministry called "Providential Pathways"; and I am completely blown away at the many divergent paths that are coming back together by HIS "Divine Providence". There has been; and will be more winnowing and separating wheat from chaff. But, that simply means the harvest will be bigger, better & stronger than ever before. The "purity" of the coming harvest will make this the greatest harvest in history.

(God is TRULY calling His people together and I sincerely believe we are about to see a "modern-day" Jeremiah 33 event begin to take place.)

-
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013