1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

I need S&W colectors help

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by gun-nut, Jan 31, 2011.

1. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

I have a S&W k38 14-3. SS# k935xxx What i have found out is that it was made between 1967-1977 is this correct? Where do i find out what year it was made? Now the problem is, is it a masterpeice or not?:confused: It has the addjusting rear sights, 6" ribbed bbl, and a trigger that is a hair.(dont blow on it or it will go off) The gun store that i bought it from told me that it was the masterpeice. The gunstore that i just took it to (has indoor range) said that it is not the right trigger to be a masterpeice. All i will say is that it is a tack driver and i love it. It fits just so nice in my hand that i wish that S&W would bring the k frames back.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

The Model 14 is a K-38 Target Masterpiece. Don't matter if it's a 14 no dash or a 14-7 or anywhere in between. They are all Target Masterpieces.

SN K848782 - K946391 were made in 1969.
  3. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Thanks for the imfo Alpo! You just made my day:D
  4. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

gun-nut, if your gun truly has a hair trigger, then the gun shop was correct. That is not the correct trigger for a Model 14. Someone either replaced the trigger assembly or took a stone to it.