I need some info

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Zigzag2, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

I have a chance to get a Mossberg 46A that has period Redfield rear peep sight and front hooded sights, also the factory rear sight on the barrel.
    Stock has the original sling posts and metal buttplate. Overall 85%+ condition.

Does anyone have any experiences with 1 of these?

Thanks in advance.
  2. gamachinist

gamachinist New Member

I don't have any expeirence with that model but.....
    I have a 144LSB (Lyman peep rear and globe front sights)that I plan on keeping at least until I get a US marked 44 or 144 to replace it.(I may keep it even then if funds allow as it was the first "target type" 22 I bought).
    I have a 320 with a Mossberg peep sight and a dual post blade and ring front sight.I relined the barrel on that one and they both shoot great.
    Look at the front sight base on the 46.If it has a screw in the side,it may have the dual front sight.Turning the screw 1/4 turn will rotate to the other type.
    Short answer,I'd like to have it!
    Robert.
  3. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

gamachinist, I've not seen the gun yet. I do however, need more specifics.

Any other information would be greatly appreciated.