I need your help!

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Liz, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Liz

Liz New Member

Hi,
    A hand gun was given to me and I have no idea of the year or value of it. It has the following info. on the left side; AMADEO ROSSI S.A. SAO LEOPOLDO R.S., and on the right side; MADE IN BRASIL INTERARMS ALEXANDRIA VIRGINIA. Also, IND. BRAS. ROSSI MARC. REG., Is a .38 SPECIAL, (D 560832) 5 shot, wood handle and 2 1/2" or 3" barrel, sorry! I don't know where do you measure from. What kind of gun do I have? What is the value on it? Is it too old for parts? I spend some time in different sites, looking for some info. with the model # but I couldn't find anything on it.

I really appreciate your time and help.
  2. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Welcome to TFF Liz,

According to the current Rossi website import by Interarms ended in Dec 1997:
    http://www.rossiusa.com/history.cfm

I can't help with value but pics will be needed.

Their customer service dept. can probably identify model and whether parts are available.
  3. Fatstrat

Fatstrat Active Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Pictures would help.
  5. knight0334

knight0334 Member

With revolvers you measure the barrel length from the face of the cylinder.

[​IMG]

The model # should be stamped on the receiver behind the yoke/crane. Just swing out the cylinder and look at the are under the barrel on the front strap.

Look for something like: M68, M66, M88, M36, etc