1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

I need your help!

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Liz, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Liz

Liz New Member

Hi,
    A hand gun was given to me and I have no idea of the year or value of it. It has the following info. on the left side; AMADEO ROSSI S.A. SAO LEOPOLDO R.S., and on the right side; MADE IN BRASIL INTERARMS ALEXANDRIA VIRGINIA. Also, IND. BRAS. ROSSI MARC. REG., Is a .38 SPECIAL, (D 560832) 5 shot, wood handle and 2 1/2" or 3" barrel, sorry! I don't know where do you measure from. What kind of gun do I have? What is the value on it? Is it too old for parts? I spend some time in different sites, looking for some info. with the model # but I couldn't find anything on it.

I really appreciate your time and help.
  2. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Welcome to TFF Liz,

According to the current Rossi website import by Interarms ended in Dec 1997:
    http://www.rossiusa.com/history.cfm

I can't help with value but pics will be needed.

Their customer service dept. can probably identify model and whether parts are available.
  3. Fatstrat

Fatstrat Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Pictures would help.
  5. knight0334

knight0334 Active Member

With revolvers you measure the barrel length from the face of the cylinder.

[​IMG]

The model # should be stamped on the receiver behind the yoke/crane. Just swing out the cylinder and look at the are under the barrel on the front strap.

Look for something like: M68, M66, M88, M36, etc