I never knew...

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by Crpdeth, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

Never knew you guys had so much fun!

I recently learned that Wolf started using a polymear (sp?) coating on their bullets and I wanted to try 100 rounds in my DPMS CAR 15 to see if it would make a good plinking round before buying some in bulk, but I wanted the rifle good and warm and gritty first, so I decided to try my hand at bump fireing several mags of M855 and XM193 to achieve my goal.

Heh Heh, I was at a private outdoor range shooting into a burm about 50 yards or so away and I gotta say that was the most fun I had all week...As an added bonus I was wearing my electronic hearing protection, so I could hear all the conversation about the "machine gun" down on the end, well every guy on the line was standing around me with big ol' smiles on their faces in short order wanting to know all about it.

LOL, I bet you guys with the real machine guns get plenty attention. :D

~Crpdeth

(Oh BTW, those new Wolf 223's function much better than the old lacquer crap.)
  2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Yes Donny, we get plenty of attention and most of us are more than willing to let folks fire our weapons, as well. If you like the bump, then once you step up a notch to the real deal, you'll be hooked and will probably (although expensive) want one of your own.;)
  3. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

I could see me moving up to a class III in a pistol round maybe (sub?), but I've seen those big guns that fired like 30-06 or something...Man, even reloading could become a chore and an expense for such a caliber, but then I cant think of a structure in my town I'd feel safe behind while running from that bad boy either. :D

~Crpdeth