I ordered my Lymans Reloading Handbook...

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by WildcatFan, Oct 30, 2009.

1. WildcatFan

WildcatFan New Member

Aug 1, 2009
    St. Louis
    Should have in about a week and then I'll devour it. Hey, I preach personal responsibility to others so I've gotta do the same: I'll read it before I ask any more questions. Should clear most of 'em up, anyway. You guys are great, though. A wonderful resource. I look forward to learning with/from all of you.
    Alex

2. zkovach

zkovach Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Michigan
    I am new to reloading i bought the lyman and the nosler. I agree with these other guys about buying at least two books before you start. i think i am going to get 4 before i start just for the instructions for a begginer.

3. 312shooter

312shooter Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Las Vegas NV
    You guys have (IMO) the absolute best manual for begginers the first 4 chapters are going to be your gospel. Have fun!

4. Gearheadpyro

Gearheadpyro New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    The lyman is a fantastic manual. Great intro to all things reloading. I too agree with having more than one, but I don't think it's essential to beginning. Get one for sure, I started out with hornady's (because I was loading Hornady bullets). You can find almost all powder companies powder info on their websites, I used that as my second resource(s). Just my opinion.

5. army mp

army mp Member

Jan 30, 2009
    western Pa,
    Sounds like you are on the right path. The start up is pricey . but the enjoyment you get out of loading your own ammo is well worth it.

6. WildcatFan

WildcatFan New Member

Aug 1, 2009
    St. Louis
    Yeah, I told my wife that I could reload at a huge discount and that was a good thing. Then, there was the pause. "Uh, you have to buy a 'machine' though, right honey."

DOH! "Yes, dear, and I'm researching those to get the absolute best deal so I can take you out to dinner more." I love marriage. No, really, I do. Its hot.

7. army mp

army mp Member

Jan 30, 2009
    western Pa,
    What ever excuse that works for you. I have reloaded for 40 years. I have spent a lot of hours in front of the press. And a boat load of money on reloading equipment and components. . Just when you think there is nothing new you need. Along comes another gun. Thus new dies. Or you get the Idea you need a chrony to test your loads. Then well look at the money I will save by casting my own bullets. I don’t think you can ever justify the cost. But what in life that gives you enjoyment is cheap.