I ordered my Lymans Reloading Handbook...

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by WildcatFan, Oct 30, 2009.

1. WildcatFan

WildcatFan New Member

Should have in about a week and then I'll devour it. Hey, I preach personal responsibility to others so I've gotta do the same: I'll read it before I ask any more questions. Should clear most of 'em up, anyway. You guys are great, though. A wonderful resource. I look forward to learning with/from all of you.
    Alex
  2. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

I am new to reloading i bought the lyman and the nosler. I agree with these other guys about buying at least two books before you start. i think i am going to get 4 before i start just for the instructions for a begginer.
  3. 312shooter

312shooter Active Member

You guys have (IMO) the absolute best manual for begginers the first 4 chapters are going to be your gospel. Have fun!
  4. Gearheadpyro

Gearheadpyro New Member

The lyman is a fantastic manual. Great intro to all things reloading. I too agree with having more than one, but I don't think it's essential to beginning. Get one for sure, I started out with hornady's (because I was loading Hornady bullets). You can find almost all powder companies powder info on their websites, I used that as my second resource(s). Just my opinion.
  5. army mp

army mp Member

Sounds like you are on the right path. The start up is pricey . but the enjoyment you get out of loading your own ammo is well worth it.
  6. WildcatFan

WildcatFan New Member

Yeah, I told my wife that I could reload at a huge discount and that was a good thing. Then, there was the pause. "Uh, you have to buy a 'machine' though, right honey."

DOH! "Yes, dear, and I'm researching those to get the absolute best deal so I can take you out to dinner more." I love marriage. No, really, I do. Its hot.
  7. army mp

army mp Member

What ever excuse that works for you. I have reloaded for 40 years. I have spent a lot of hours in front of the press. And a boat load of money on reloading equipment and components. . Just when you think there is nothing new you need. Along comes another gun. Thus new dies. Or you get the Idea you need a chrony to test your loads. Then well look at the money I will save by casting my own bullets. I don’t think you can ever justify the cost. But what in life that gives you enjoyment is cheap.