The Firearms Forum banner

I purchased a new .22 pistol for target shooting over the weekend. Your thoughts ?

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  SOT_II 
#1 · (Edited)
I shot this Beretta Neos 22. 4.5 inch barrel before at the range. A friend of mine who is a cop had it. I really enjoyed it alot, so I decided to purchase it for target practice. It was $239 new in the box at the local gun shop. What are your thoughts on it.? and also ammo recommendations please. Thanks.

Brian

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
I had one of these when they first came out. Accuracy was okay, not great. I think it was really meant to have a scope on it. I never did put a scope on mine. Take down isn't too hard, easier than a Ruger. You got it at a good price, they have gone up a little since they first came out. It's a good plinker and feels good in your hand. I wound up trading mine, and frankly, I'm planning to stick with Rugers and Buckmarks.
I should add, I fed it all kinds of ammo, Winchester, Remington, PMC, and it liked them all. I shot high velocity stuff from all of them.

#10 ·
Pretty Cool

Hey 597,
I've put about 600 rounds through a buddy's gun, but his was a 6-inch barrel. I was pretty impressed with it, but I think you made the right choice getting the 4-1/2" barrel for it. I bought him a $30 BSA red dot scope at Wally World and it seemed to be more accurate than any of us could shoot.

As an aside: You have no idea just how unsteady your hands are until you try to draw down on something with a red dot scope.

Anyway, it seemed to be a quality gun. One thing I didn't like was the incredibly steep feed angle for the bullets. This caused a jam every 50 rnds or so on his gun, but it may not be broken in yet. The firing pin is extremly stout. It looks like it was cut out of a pencil size piece of steel.

Last thing, a warning. When you take the pistol apart, beware. The firing pin is still "live" so to speak. I dang near put a hole in the sheetrock across the room when I pulled the trigger with the slide and barrel taken off.

It seems like a great gun, and I think you got yours at a good price. Send it down to Tennessee if you need some help breaking it in. I'll put a few thousand rounds through it and send it back your way cleaner than the day it was born.

Later.

#13 ·
Re: I purchased a new .22 pistol for target shooting over the weekend. Your thoughts

I don't really like them. Have some come in and go out...I would rather have a S&W 22A or a 22/44.
But hey if you like it, have at it...I'd red dot the thing and plink like a crazy man.

Remington597 said:
I shot this Beretta Neos 22. 4.5 inch barrel before at the range. A friend of mine who is a cop had it. I really enjoyed it alot, so I decided to purchase it for target practice. It was $239 new in the box at the local gun shop. What are your thoughts on it.? and also ammo recommendations please. Thanks.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.