The Firearms Forum banner

I purchased these benchrests online. Please give me your feedback .

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Smokin Guns 
#1 ·
Here they are, they are manufactured by Hoppes.

I purchased a couple. They were $18/each.
Please give me your feedback.

thanks,
Brian

See less See more
#2 ·
Please give me your feedback
Since you asked, I'm guessing that those rests have a use, 'cause they're still selling them. Personally, I think you'd be better served with a denim pants leg cut off and filled with sand.

Please take no offense, I'm just short on tact.

Regards, Jay

#3 ·
For 18$ You can't really argue. The upside of these vs. a beanbag is that they will stay the exact same height no matter what, whereas you may bave to readjust the sandfilled pants. Of course, having seen what Jay can do with said homemade rest, I'd be inclined to try either!

Plus they look cooler :)

_z

#5 ·
Rem 597,

No sir, I don't manufacture rests, or much of anything, for that matter, except for an attitude now and then........

"Z" is correct about the height not changing, but neither will several 2x4's stacked up with a bag on top.

Here's what I learned and shot on for many years, and it still works well for about $3.

#7 ·
Go to a craft store and buy a bag or two of the plastic filler material. About $4 a bag, and get some scrap material and sew 'em up. My wife made that one for me.

"Z".I didn't mean to come off wrong about the 2x4 thing. I was just drawing a parallel.;)

Jay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.