I really have to watch what I say

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by armedandsafe, Nov 10, 2007.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

A middle school girl got on the bus this morning. She was a regular rider in elementary school but doesn't often ride now that she is in middle school. We had a short conversation as she boarded.

Pops: "Spit out your gum. You know I don't allow you to chew gum on the bus."

Girl: "That's crap."

Pops: "OH? From the way you were chewing, I just assumed it was gum."

She was not as amused as were the kids in the first few seats who heard the exchange. :D

Pops
  2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

3. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Good'un Pops!
  4. Good one, Pops! :D It's pretty sad the kind of garbage even the youngsters are spouting these days. :(
  5. travihanson

travihanson New Member

Aww, that's no way to be Pops....:D
  6. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

ha! ha! wtg pops!:D
  7. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

8. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

As a bus rider my enter school life, until at least I could afford my first $50 car, along with the $336 insurance and the $2.00 or so in gas it took to drive to school each week...;)

...I can APPRECIATE that one Pops!

I remember once when I was maybe in 6th or 7th grade, we had a bus driver who was a friend of my Father, they were volunteer firemen together for years, then he made Chief, a BIG but quiet and gentle farmer....rarely said a word...

We had a high school kid that lived up the road, just a big mouthed troublemaker "tough guy" punk, always smart mouthing, that one day said something, the WRONG thing to Bill the bus driver....

Bill pulls the bus to the side of the road, opens the door, calmly marches back through the bus, picks up this kid by the lapels of his coat, and with feet dangling carries him up front and THROWS him off the bus into the snowbank, and calmly tells him, if he wants to ever ride HIS bis again, he better watch his mouth and learn some manners....:eek:

He then closed the door and drove off, leaving him in the snowbank about a mile from his house!

What's funny, is the bus was SILENT as he drove away, and then some kids started CLAPPING and the whole bus joined in, except the kid's sisters....:p

The next day, the kid sheepishly gets on the bus, and was on model behavior at least when he was on Bills bus, until he flunked out of school...

And nothing ever happened to Bill, he was still driving long after I graduated...but if that happened TODAY?

He'd probably go to JAIL.....:cool:
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  9. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

So Pops....Do you allow kids to chew crap on the bus?....:D:D:D
  10. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

Personally I think they should give you a medal but if the kids parents get involved they would probly say you were wrong and you could have hurt the childs self esteem. On the other hand walking to school is always an option, even if it is several miles. Might teach the young individual some manners. :eek: catfish
  11. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Only if they don't spit. :D

A couple of years ago, we had a "townie" move in to the area I drive. Mom got irritated at me because her son told her I was picking on him. She called Boss and complained. She was offered the option of riding the bus and being returned to the stop where she picked up the bus, or, coming in to view the video tapes. Doing either was too much trouble for her.

Four differents sets of my parents went to visit her and discuss the situation. Four separate, uncoordinated visits. I have had no trouble from the kid since and Mom came to the next IceCreamParty I threw for the kids. They knew when they were outnumbered. :D

Pops
  12. Pops, maybe you should have told her you only allowed chewing tobacco on the bus and offered her a "chaw." No, that wouldn't have worked; the little tyke would likely have puked all over the bus. :D;)

Seriously, I think you acted very wisely and did her a favor, not that she will understand that for many years. There's nothing like a little embarrassment and peer pressure to make kids reconsider their actions.