I really, really like this quote. I'm just getting impatient. . .

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Hardballer, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
  2. topper

topper New Member

America is truly at an awkward period in that political correctness is ruling our culture now. Anything said can and sometimes is construed to be slander, racism, religious, anti-government, sexual and on and on. Good grief folks, what have we done to the greatest democracy on earth? Our own words are dragging us down. Seems like everyday, someone says something that someone else does not like and demands and apology, money or removed from their position. What happened to the 1st amendment? does it not guarantee a 'freedom of speech'?. So why all the political correctness? Everone should have freedom to speak, not be afraid of repercussions.

Whatever happened to the late great America?
  3. momo

momo Former Guest

4. red14

red14 Well-Known Member

political correctness is ruling our culture now.:cool: Anything said can and sometimes is construed to be slander, racism, religious, anti-government, sexual and on and on.

You answered your own question. Just who decides what PC is? I say, say what you want. I usually do, gets me in trouble, but, so what!
  5. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

6. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

I'm with ya in the frusration department. But make sure you exercise your right to vote in the 2010 mid term elections next Nov and vote the bastards out that are destroying the country.
  7. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

Four Roger that. In spades*.

*Not in reference to any sitting political figure, whether they are legitimate to the position or are simply, illegally, illegitimately occupying said office.

Politically correct meaning of 'In spades':

In abundance; very much, a whole bunch, a lot, .

Origin

It would be easy to assume the expression; 'in spades', derives from a truncated version of 'in spadefuls'. Or as a crude racial slur but that would be pure fantasy, as the spades referenced here refers to a suit of cards.

Spades, the highest ranking suit in the game of Bridge; which was a popular pastime in the USA in the early 20th century,is where and when the phrase originated. So. . . thar ya go. . .
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  8. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

Now, that is just funny, in a messed up world sort of way:D
  9. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Political correctness is the trump card in an argument where one side can not marshal facts to defend its' position. When confronted on that point all they can do is splutter and call names. 'Sticks and stones, come to mind. Personally, I don't care what these people say let alone what they think....make that parrot. Those people need to get a life.
  10. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

It's similar to the gang mentality. A lot of little people with little ideas overshadowing the majority rules thing. It's just unfortunate that politicians have figured out how to make it work for them too. I've been voting for 45 years. I'm ready to try something else. Let the revolution begin!