I Shall Not Walk Alone

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by 1 Eyed Jack, Nov 19, 2012.

1. 1 Eyed Jack

1 Eyed Jack New Member

I wanted to share this song, it has gotten me through some hard times when I felt I was battling everything by myself and alone, the last few months have been difficult, I'll leave it at that, I listened to it tonight while working in the garage, the song still has the same impact for me as the first time I heard it, and that was years ago, I break out the CD when I know I need a lift,

I first saw these guys and heard this song years ago on Austin City Limit's, while I appreciate all forms of music, (except rap, becuase it's NOT music, it's crap, and void of talent)and tried for several years when I was younger to make a living as a musician, I'm not a huge fan of most Gospel, but since the first time I heard this song, it speaks to me and has the power to lift me up, and does so everytime I listen to it,

This group is called Blind Boys of Alabama, if you are a Gospel music fan you probably already know of them, this song was written by Ben Harper, but the Blind Boys version, to me, is the best,

I hope someone can enjoy it and feel lifted up, as it does for me, when I need to be reminded that I'm NOT carrying everything alone.....

It's better of course if you have some kind of sound system hooked to your computer,

Here's a link,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIDUMYQIuf4
  2. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

My internet connection is shot (that's why I have been scarce here since Friday), but I look forward to hearing this when it is fixed!
  3. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Great harmony, very easy to listen to.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Sorry to hear things have been tough for you. Are things getting better? Anything we should be praying for/with you about?
  4. Airdale

Airdale Active Member

I'd heard of the group but never heard their music. Thanks for posting the link...good stuff.
  5. crystalphoto

crystalphoto Member

Thank you 1 Eyed Jack. I liked it so much, I had to download it. I pray things get better for you.
  6. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

I"m not much into Gospel music. This was a good reminder that I never walk alone - My Lord is always by my side...Waiting for me to ask for guidance, deliverance, and sometimes HELP!!!
  7. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

My connection was working sufficient to download this just now.

Excellent!

Thank you for sharing this one, 1 Eyed Jack -
  8. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

Thank you - God Bless
  9. 1 Eyed Jack

1 Eyed Jack New Member

You are welcome to anyone that enjoyed this song, I listen to it sparingly, when I'm having a hard time getting through a given day, it gives me chills everytime, and most importantly, the inspiring knowledge that I'm not carrying my load by myself,

BlackEagle, thank you for opening the door that would allow me to vent, but out of respect for my wife, even though she does not monitor what I do, or this site, I have to choose not to spill my guts, so to speak, as it concerns her, the culture she is from beleives that most everything, no matter what the severity etc., is private and to be kept in the family, I did vent on here a once, maybe twice about the challenges being faced, even though it helps me, albeit temporarily, I felt selfish knowing she would not approve, so I had the mods(Terry)remove it, many, if not most won't understand this, but it's simply having respect for my wife, knowing she would not approve, if she knew.

If you would like to offer up a prayer for her well being, and my families, I would be most appreciative of that, but for reasons mentioned above, I chose not to elaborate about details, simply out of respect for my wife,

I won't mention his screen name, but a gentlemen on this forum recently posted about the passing of his wife, and taking her rightful place in the arms of God, that post hits so close to home that I could not even bring myself to offer a comforting posting of condolence to him, if he happens to read this, just know that I offered up more than one prayer, that God receive her to her rightful place, and take comfort knowing that the reunion with her with indeed be a joyful occassion,

I'm glad that other may have found some solace, or inspiration in the song I posted above, it touches me and lifts me up in ways I can't put into words, and is a crutch for me, when I need it,

Glad to share with the fine people here, and I hope it gives someone the kind of strength to keep going, in the face of adversity, as it does for me.

Again, I doubt many will understand this line of thinking, but that's OK,

Blessing to all,

EDIT: Same song, but this version has the lyric's, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4IJRfDwBLE
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012