I shot the 460 sw mag at the indoor range today...

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by glocknut, Mar 17, 2009.

1. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I shot the 460sw mag indoor today at the indoor range. Everyone in the gunshop came back to see just what in blue blazes i was shooting. The fireball and percussion were enormous. One of the gunshop employees came into the range to take a look. I offered to let him shoot a few. He shot one round and said he had had enough! :D:D:D:D:D:D What a puss.... :D:D:D:D;)

Oh and the compensator was blowing all the fired brass off the bench when i shot it. I had to pick up my 44 brass off the floor.... LOL

I did one 5 round cylinder worth of "near" rapid fire..... heh heh heh... People were standing outside the glass door looking into the range! snicker snicker

I got done shooting and came out and they were all talking about the fireball that thing makes. hehehehehe I love it!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

The funny thing was that i started out with the 460 and then shot the 44mag for a bit and it seemed tame. Then when i was done with that i started in on the 357....BUT they only had 38specials so i was stuck with using those. The first shot there was no recoil and it sounded funny so i popped open the cylinder and checked the barrel because i thought for sure it was a dud round and there was a bullet stuck in the barrel? Nope, it wasn't.... it was just SO LAME that it almost bored me to death going thru those 2 boxes of 38s. Just didn't have the same entertainment factor.... :(

mike
    gn
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  2. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Got a target?
  3. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Yes but my accuracy was not worth bragging about today. My blood sugar must have been off because i was having eye clarity issues....

mike
    gn
  4. chemfantry

chemfantry New Member

What make model of .460 do you have? I was looking at the S&W four inch.
  5. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Sounds like you need to do that in reverse order next time!
  6. glocknut

glocknut New Member

x
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  7. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I think the measurement is 6 1/2" barrel? I know its not 4" thats for sure. I thought about the 4" .500sw mag but i think that might just be a little bit too short? My 460 with the "6 something" barrel is just about right. Its not so heavy that it causes any weight issues. I'm not a fan of long barrel revolvers because the barrels are so long and heavy that its harder to hold it on target properly. The 6" is just fine though.

There is a youtube video about the 4" barrel version. Take a look...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjmtUFrFBc4

On second though..... GET THE 4" BARREL VERSION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go squirrel hunting with that son of a gun!!!!

mike
    gn
  8. chemfantry

chemfantry New Member

ya know, there IS a 2 inch 500 mag that is NOT ported. I wouldn't like to be the guy to try out a 700 grain bullet on that sonuvagun.
  9. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Either that or skip the 38specials.... :rolleyes:
    Even the 9mm has more kick than those plinking 38s! Sheesh.

mike
    gn
  10. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I-think-i-will-pass on the 2" UNported 500sw mag..... :eek::eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D

mike
    gn
  11. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

I have a Ruger super redhawk in 454 Casul. The 460 SW Mag is just a bigger version of that cartridge. :eek:
    Why would anyone want to beat themselves up with bigger then the 454.(shaking head):)

Don't get me wrong I ain't sayin' you can't have it or shouldn't have it or anything like that I'm just sayin'(shaking head again):)
    Your a better man than I am Gungadin !:cool:
  12. gcalloway

gcalloway New Member

I have the 460 in the 2" not ported. It is painful to shoot,. but with te 2" barrel you certainly put on a light show with the flash. As for accuracy I will never shoot it enough to know. It is designed for point blank range to keep a bear off you. For me to shoot a bear with that gun I would have had to decide I could not run from him or woup him. It is a last resort defense pistol. Just so you not thionk me a wimp, i weigh over 300 lbs andshoot my 454 casul one handed.
  13. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Holy smokes i saw this and thot Mikey mike was back.. :( I miss the H1N1
  14. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

I have a 5 inch and a 10 inch S&W 460s and luv them. Long range pistol with 200 grain bullets.
  15. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Blood sugar, my Ass! You're eyeballs were vibrating from the concussion!