I suspect that many of you enjoy tactical knives like I do. Photo of my latest inside

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by Remington597, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

I was cruising the Beretta website and looking at some of their new accessories and stumbled accross the tactical knives section and realized that I really like this one, it was $58, so I bought it. Its part of their patriotic series. I enjoy collecting these and the best thing is that you can never have too many. This one is the -United We Stand- in silver. They also have it in black and other variations also., but I liked this one the best.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2004
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

You mean you didn't buy two or three, like you normally do with your guns? ;)

Nice looking knife. :)
  3. Remington597

Thanks SoMo. I am flattered that you remembered. My motto is that
    "You can never have too many backups for your backups" ;) :D :D .
    With knives, I generally collect. I only have a couple that are actually for utilitarian purposes and for use. ie, my Swiss army knives, etc.
  4. pickenup

pickenup New Member

That is a nice looking sticker you got there.
  5. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

What!!!! No Kabar?????
  6. offeror

offeror New Member

You suspect correctly. I have a chrome-plated parade M1 Garand bayonet on the way to me this week, as well as one of those inexpensive but nasty Swiss bayonets with the scabbard and frog to match. I also have one of Pabooger's Ka-Bars brand new, among a number of other tactical models.

The one I'm most fond of (and won't carry) is dad's WWII bayonet, with leather grip and leather tie still attached. But I bought a new M1 carbine bayonet which serves just as well. One fun buy I made a while back was an 1889 Belgian bayonet SOG sells with 11" blade and a quillion -- for only $12 -- it polished up great and I sharpened it as well -- only problem is no sheath, so it hangs on the wall. I should probably buy a couple more of those while they last.

I have a number of other new tactical models, a couple Swiss Moras, even a Kukri and one'a them Rambo sized jobs you need a shoulder harness to carry. It will take some time switching off and wearing the modern tactical models around to settle on the one I truly find most comfortable and useful. Luckily, there is no limit on blade length for a carry knife in Indiana, though power-assisted openers are illegal. But it still pays to conceal a serious knife, as one does a gun.

And yes, I have a few tactical swords as well and am looking into a few other variations...
  7. Remington597

Pabooger:
    I love Kabars also. I have a few, but need to get more.

offeror:
    Sounds like you're a serious collector too. ;) :D