I think I'd rather go to the lake

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 68c15, Jul 5, 2012.

1. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

2. mranum

mranum Member

Just don't go to Lake Michigan near Milwaukee after a heavy rain. This has been going on for years but the libs won't say a peep about it.

MMSD dumping sewage after storms
    By Jon Byman
    CREATED JUN. 22, 2011

MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District is dumping sewage this morning after Tuesday's heavy rainfall.

The district says on its website that it started dumping out of the combined sewer system at 8:28 Tuesday night. It started releasing blended sewage from Jones Island at 8:44 last night.

The combined sewer system in Milwaukee and parts of Shorewood. Unlike newer areas, both rainwater and sewage flow into the same sewer system. Because of that, when there's heavy rain, the sewer system often can't hold all the water. The rainwater and sewage still flowing into the system are then allowed to flow directly into waterways in the area without being treated.

The deep tunnel system is designed to hold that water and sewage so that it can be treated later. However, when there's heavy rain, the tunnel fills up and MMSD is forced to start dumping.

In addition, when the Jones Island treatment plant is overwhelmed, MMSD starts what it calls "blending." Basically, some of the sewage flowing in from the sewers is mixed with sewage that has already been treated and then is released.

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/124347094.html

....and the EPA is worried about a few cows taking a crap to close to streams a million miles from anywhere.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  3. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

Who sends kids to the pool with the runs? Lots of people. I ran a few public pools and the things they do would make you sick.Even if you catch them they dont care as long as that pool is a babysitter for them.You find all kinds of foul things and wonder how they do it. even crap in the pool get out without telling the others till somebody finds a floater.