I think I'm getting sick in the head...

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Helix_FR, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Because I may actually consider buying a plastic gun.
    Aaaaggghhhhhhhh, I said it:eek::cool:
    Shot one of these last night and made me consider trading some of the ones that don't see the light of day much. What I liked best about it is the rotary lockup but there is absolutely no resistance when opening the slide. Its like butter and I've always been a fan of the more complex action locks. Whats the cure? I need to shake this, it goes against me. Its like the morning after your first kiss. I even when out at shot a customers HK (accurate gun but sorry HK fans, I can't stand the feeling of mush) to shake it but it didn't even feel like plastic. OK I need a cigarette even though I don't smoke.:D

Attached Files:

2. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    i know the feeling but when i got my first glock all that went away.i think we must be in the older generation to really have that feeling about plastic guns.however for what ever reason its not the same when your talking about composit rifle stocks,then it is a good thing.whoda thunkit old semperfi
  3. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

my daughter in an effort to bring me "up to date" bought me a glock in 357 sig and gulp ... yes i like it. now that STI looks like a fine weapon and if its half as good as their 1911's it should be a keeper
  4. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

It must be a virus that is spreading as I have some of the same symptoms. Watched them shoot one on the Outdoor Chanel last evening. Great Company, and as I understand without really checking it out it is not a striker fired pistol. I am not ready for those. Need to really dig into this pistol and find out what all makes it tick.
  5. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Nope its a DA/SA hammer gun. DA ain't bad but SA is really nice. STI puts out some of the best 1911 and 2011 out there. There are like a refined Kimber but you kinda pay for that too. Most of the open 2011 race guns that I've worked on are STI. They don't make there own barrel though, they use Schumann barrels but are hand fit. I don't know who makes this barrel. Its similar to the Stoeger/Beretta lockup but not a clone.
    I'm trying to get a little more info on the action. Seems they have done some extensive testing on them but along with the sliding action you also have a rotational action. I don't want galling to render this gun a sloppy fit after 10,000 rounds.
  6. wpage

wpage Active Member

Plastic is nice stainless is better.
  7. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

Ya, steel is great, reason why I bought my S&W 10-5, but polymer has that newness that the younger generation likes, the reason why I chose the Springer XD9. Also,I like both wood and composite stocks on rifles and shotguns, one is classic and the other has that cool/new feel.
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  8. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

Don't be ashamed. I own a Springfield XD45 myself. Really not a bad gun. But, I like the old style, too. Single action revolver and still looking to add a 1911 to my collection.
  9. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I also have been thinking about one in 9, I don't have anything in that caliber yet. I guess I'm just happy with what I have. I have tried carring other smaller, lighter, guns, but I keep coming back to the old stand by, a 1911A.
  10. grampawmike

grampawmike New Member

OK...Calmly, take a deep breath....think steel, steel, STEEL!
    This should help you concentrate.

S&W M-24 .44 Spl STEEL
    [​IMG]

S&W M-539 STEEL over STEEL
    [​IMG]

WIDLEY STAINLESS STEEL
    [​IMG]

Feeling beter yet???
  11. red14

red14 Active Member

Thanks Mike, I needed that. I
    don't even like the plastice cars.
  12. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Ahhh thanks GPMike, that Widley may have just snapped that funk. That thing is bad a#*. What's the specs on that gem.
  13. grampawmike

grampawmike New Member

.45 Win Mag 5" bbl. It goes BANG.
  14. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

I don't think your font was big enough for a 45 Win Mag:D
    Gas operated handgun. Me like:)