I traded for 4 BP rifls today and need help on makers names as well as values.

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by jjmitchell60, Dec 2, 2004.

1. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    I traded for 4 front stuffers today and 2 were flinters. Below is a description of them as I stated in the "ask the experts" area on brand X as to prices. The 4th one is a side hammer percussion, the hammer is located on the side and cocks by pulling it outwards! I will post pictures later of them. Well here is my ask info so help me out if you can please, sorry though, ol lady said just info on guns because she cannot afford the mental help I d!!!!!

1.J. Hall, I believe it is John, Jon, or Jack, it is a t least 60" long overall and is 45 cal caplock with full stock.

2.Harvey L. Underwood Evensville In., it is at least 60" long, 45 cal., flint, and fullstock but the barel is on at least 1&1/8" flats!!!(really heavy)

3.Paul R. Jones 1992, it is at least 60" long, 45 cal., flint, and fullstock.

Anyone know these makers and an idea,ball park, as to the worth of thens rifles.

The Hall rifle has extensive relief carving and inlays, even an ivory inlay with an eagle scrimshawed on it!

I WILL POST PICTURES AFTER THIS WEEKEND WHEN I QIUTE HUNTING IN OHIO!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for any input at all.