The Firearms Forum banner

I upgraded the wifes marlin 60

4K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  3/2 STA SS 
#1 ·
She claims she liked the look of the wood stock better, but the feel and comfort of the new stock far outweigh the aesthetic shortcoming.

I think it looks mean as hell for a marlin 60, and the PFI .22LR scope makes it crazy out to 200 yds.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Is that camo gorilla tape? :eek:

I gotta vote with Beth on this one. That pink JC sling isn't workin at all. :bleh:

Nice glass.
No its camo gun wrap. sort of like a semi sticky ace bandage. It only sticks to itself, not the weapon. I put it on there for grip and cushion.

#8 ·
I think im gonna get the stock dipped. prolly some sort of hi def camo with pink in it.

#11 ·
Josh, get you a camo sling from John. That pink has got to go! Don't they make that tape in pink cammo?

#12 ·
I think so. I aint sure. craps expensive. like 15 bucks a roll.

Next time I got to cabelas ill check and see if they have any.

I got 3 more slings on order from Jon. one of which is Camo.

#13 · (Edited)
I'm still in the process of modding my Wifey's Marlin 60...

Boyd's Thumbhole Stock stained pink & a BSA scope...
DIP Trigger Guard & Adjustable Target Trigger...
(have to remember to get the safety button, lol)

Waiting on DIP to come out with a Pink charging handle...hehehe
Hoping to find a good pink leather sling somewhere...might have to settle for pink web sling...

And its eventually going to get Duracoated Pink...or I'll finally order a Stainless barrel & tube for it...

For those wondering why there's a Recoil pad on a .22lr??
My wife has had 4 shoulder surgeries...so even .22lr stings...but with the slip-on pad, she can enjoy any .22 or .223 we've got :)

#15 ·
That's why we call it customizing!
I got tired of looking for a stock I liked for this one so I customized one myself!
Just a cheep scope I had around though, I'll be changing it. Oh and ditto on that scope JLA. I gotta look that up but probably outta my reach for the .22.
I like thin crosshairs but can't find that on a budget scope.

Attachments

#18 ·
Fuze, is that the original wood stock? Did you carve that up yourself? Awesome!

#19 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.