I waited and waited and waited.....

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Silver72, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

For a good deal on a S&W 1911 new roll mark ("small bill board"). I had an original SS but couldn't stand the HUGE roll mark on the side, so adios and it was gone. Finially a new, unfired, never a round in the chamber one came along. A State Trooper bought one on a whim and never fired it. His carry gun was a Kimber. Knowing he probably purchased it at a great discount I offered $600 and Wa La! He took it. SS, three factory mags and now it's mine.
  2. deadmarsh

deadmarsh New Member

I still have one of the first (serial under 5000) S&W 1911 with that horrible billboard. What I did was to rework the metal clean, then ship it off to Walter Birdsong and he refinished it in Back-T teflon. Beautiful now, and a reliable 1911 from day one. They got the external extractor right first time, copying the BHP design to the letter...

Dead
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Good things come to those who wait. ;)
  4. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

Just got through MOWING the yard. December? Yep, near 80 degrees. Just got back from driving round trip to Salt Lake City and drove in snow and below freezing temp. Crazy! Anyway I snapped a couple of quick shots of the gun. Good ole Texas Trooper, didn't ask my name, to see my I.D. or nutten!

Deadmarsh, my first was as good a .45 as I've had, just didn't like the roll mark.

Attached Files:

5. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

I'm tempted to swap out that duck tail safety and tiny hammer for GI ones, especially the hammer for one with a large pad.
  6. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Sure is purdy, Silver!
  7. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Nice deal their Silver