I want my damn $$$ back!!!

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Suicide*Ride, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

Does anyone know how I would go about getting back every penny that I've paid into Social Security? :mad:

Do I get a lawyer? Has it ever been done? Can I get interest paid on said amount?

I know that by the time I'm eligible for retirement, S/S will be bankrupt & there won't be any $$$!!

Looking forward to your advice.

SR
  2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

good luck , but you'd be better off, going to acorn and telling them you're going to import 12 under age girls from a 3rd world nation and open a cat house and you need help getting funding.
  3. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    They are not going to give you squat, so don't even waste your time and money for a lawyer.
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Your money, and mine, has already been spent. The government is broke, and you will never get squat, as to asking for your money back!
  5. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

There are a rare few who have the option of opting OUT of the SS plan, but even those cannot get back what they already paid into it.
    But on the bright side, I have been hearing from people my age that SS will be bankrupt before we ever draw from it for several decades now -
    And I have now reached the age where I AM drawing from it, in spite of all those claims.

The fact is, there are simply too many people on SS or CLOSE to being on SS.
    They vote.
    No politician is going to just END it.
    They raised the retirement, but did it far enough in the future to avoid loosing too many votes in the process.
  6. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

With the median income in the U.S. today being 52K/yr. very few could live on SS alone. However, it nicely supplements a retirement income that seemed adequate 25-30 years ago. Unless of course your meager retirement income is from a state retirement fund. Then your SS benefit is reduced by 60 %. I paid into SS for 35 years and I receive just over 200 dollars a month after 10 years of cost of living increases. How's that for fair? I'll bet the double dipping politicians don't get their benefits reduced. This country is like a turd swirling right before the flush. Hopefully I won't be alive to see the final result. If that turd is a politician, he's enjoying the ride!
  7. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Yeah, this money-suck just infuriates me.

I have to go and find something to distract myself now....
  8. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

I didn't mind paying into S/S when I thought I would see something when I reached the age of retirement, but jeeze.....

Folks today [read EVERONE] are paying in to a program that's just gunna shrug their shoulders when it's time to collect what they've paid in & I think now's the time to ask for @ least some of it back....

I feel like we're feeding a cash cow whose udders have dried up. I say stop feeding it & kill it & eat it before the meat's spoiled.

JMHO....

SR :( :mad:
  9. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn New Member

Another overhaul that needs to be done. Government tends to drag feet when it comes to this. Seems to me there are obvious measures that could be enacted that would bolster the program......but it isn't being done. Oh well, we all want to work well into our eighties, right?
  10. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

It's been tried before, and it's impossible. The money that you paid into the system is simply a TAX. It's not your money; it's not a savings program so that you have something at retirement; it is merely extra money that we have to pay in. The paying in and the paying out are totally unrelated. It is within the written law that way intentionally so that it isn't an insurance program.

Here is some good reading on it (to be fair, I just skimmed the article as a refresher, but it seemed OK): http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig3/attarian7.html
  11. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

First off if SS invested the monies in something other than gov't bonds then the returns would provide a decent income for all and the trust fund would grow. Bush wanted to reform the system with a combination of private accounts and a fixed annunity. If that had passed there would have been some short term pain with paying for those like me that are now drawing from the system after paying in for 45 years. The system would become solvent in 10-15 years and going forward be successful. The problem is two fold: the SS Surplus fund has been raided to pay for other government programs like the Fed's personal cash box so those monies can't make money. Secondly the program is being used for things other than retirement. It has a disability payment system that is seriously being abused. I feel disability insurance should be separately funded and should have to stand on it's own. I understand the need for disability insurance for those that have been hurt or sick and cannot work. I'm guessing that most people on the site know someone that is on the program that is milking the system. They need to be flushed out of the system.

SS is a good system in it's original intent that if it had been set up as Bush envisioned then it would be a highly sucessful system instead the albatross that it now is and if they would quit using the fund as a gov't slush fund and another entitlement other than original intent it would succeed.
  12. momo

momo Former Guest

Your money and mine are already gone! You might as well keep working till you die because there isn't going to be any retirement for us.:mad::mad::mad:
  13. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

When I first read the titile of this thread, I thought of the Meatloaf song "Life is a Lemon and I Want My Money Back":D:D

To paraphrase a line from that song..."What about your future (under Obama)? It's defective! You can shove it up your a**!"
  14. walien

walien Former Guest

Sadly, not many people in this country have saved enough for their own retirement. You'll never be able to get rid of SS. Seniors vote in droves and getting rid of it would make them starve and in reality they'd just end up on state welfare. In terms of how to get it, living long enough would be your best bet.
  15. vytoland

vytoland New Member

you get it all back as soon as you push the rope up capital hill and kiss big brothers a$$.