I want to know...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ponycar17, Feb 19, 2009.

1. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

...Why the media and Democrats jumped on auto executives for the use of their private jets to visit Washington, due to the fact that they're almost bankrupt...

And didn't chastise Obama for using Air Force One to go sign a damn bill in Denver when the US is almost bankrupt?...

:confused:
  2. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Greta from on the record, or whatever her show is, ripped him up exactly because of this.

She figured out how much that round trip costs, don't remember the figure, but it was a very large amount. DC>Denver>Phoenix>Ottawa>DC.

I'm sure that the amount could have paid off somebodys mortgage, or bought another MRAP (sp?) or two.
  3. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Marlin T, my wife got a little irritated at this as well. I can't believe she got so vocal about it when she heard it but then I remembered her AFJROTC roots. She's a good woman! :D
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  4. doug66

doug66 New Member

They think since "we won" we can do what ever we damn well please.

If my household finances were in the shape of the federal governments my wife and I wouldn't be taking trips to Denver and Canada. We'd be at the kitchen table with pencil and paper trying to figure out how get our cash flow back.
  5. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Ah, I found it. The relevent quote starts about 2 minutes into the interview.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybMFOCXrbBA

$600,000 for a round trip DC to phoenix. That was in the terms of a cost guideline from 2004.
  6. artabr

artabr New Member

I would be willing to bet that Obozo & Biden took different planes to get there. I would think it's SOP for POTUS and VPOTUS to fly on different aircraft in case one goes down. I could be wrong. Just my thoughts. If somebody knows, please post.

I have a couple of questions.

Why, in this time of so called national money crisis was it necessary to fly across country to sign this bill in some museum to showcase Green Techology? :rolleyes:

What was the cost of this traveling circus featuring Obozo the clown and his bumbling buddy Biden? :rolleyes:

How much did it cost for all of the security, transporting the press, transporting POTUS's motorcade, how much ad nauseam? :rolleyes:

Hypocrisy on parade. :rolleyes: :mad:

Art
  7. noslolo

noslolo New Member

This whole situation just makes my stomach turn.......