1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

I was doing some dangerous thinking

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Mr. Nameless, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

I was thiking about bullets and the different variations (tracers, incendiery[sp?], etc.) and my mind crossed to poison bullets. And I thought, could you make the bullet with a glass casing, metal tips, and the back of it metal? Would this work? I mean you could fill it with mercury, or if you're really crazy you could put a peice of uranium in it, but I digress. But my question is, would this work? Any thoughts are welcomed.
  2. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Depleted uranium armor piercing
  3. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

But do you get the main concept of what I'm trying to say?
  4. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Lead poisoning.:confused::D:D:D
  5. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

"The cheapest way to make a bullet more lethal than it already is"

Is that what you're asking Mr Nameless? Or did you just finish watching Underworld... :rolleyes:

SR
  6. 312shooter

312shooter Active Member

I guess I don't get it, this forum is for sportsman. Its damn hard enough maintaining the gun laws that we have and enjoying the liberties we have in this forum. And here we are asking about things that were outlined in the geneva convention to not use even in battle. I think you should go elsewhere to bring up foolish topics of this nature, for christ sake man get a brain! YOU ARE ON THE INTERNET SAYING THIS STUFF! WAKE UP!!!!!!!!
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I have seen hollow points filled with mercury, and caped with wax to keep it in. But, why? If the bullet didn't kill you out right, the mercury would, but it would a long time. Some other quick acting poision like Tetrodotoxin might work. Don't know how much would be needed, but I think a well placed bullet would be quicker.
  8. mikld

mikld Active Member

I think it would have to be an ultrafast acting poison, or why bother?

Mr. 312, isn't one of our liberties the freedom of speech? For christ's sake man, the poster did not advocate poison bullets! He mearly trusted he would get an honest answer, just curousity! WAKE UP! Do you always jump down someone's throat for a simple question? Sound like a deep seated, paranoid avoidance of any thoughts you don't deem appropriate. WAKE UP!:eek:
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  9. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

I believe that some of the things this Thread starter mentioned are nothing new, have been made, and are currently a violation of Federal Law for any private citizen to make or possess!
  10. knothead

knothead New Member

just because you can say it doesnt mean you should! liberty and freedom in any form is a responsibilty.
  11. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

So is having a modified semi-auto that fires full auto.... but we can still talk & ask questions about them. (@ least for now!)

Mr. Nameless: My Grandfather told me whenever hunting in deep brush, to rub garlic oil on the tips of my hunting ammo. He said the oil is an anticoagulant (stops blood from clotting) & would leave 1 hell of a blood trail. Even a grazing shot would cause the animal to bleed out in short order.... ;)

As for using Mercury in a HP - I wouldn't recommend using it as that would contaminate the meat, & I eat everything I kill! (except Zombies! :D)

SR :)
  12. dammitman

dammitman Member

13. 308 at my gate

308 at my gate New Member

A scary question indeed. :eek: I don't know nothing.
  14. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I've heard of the mercury in the hollowpoint. Mercury, being slightly heavier than lead, would not stop as soon as the lead bullet. Inertia would keep it going, busting through the end of the bullet and making a massive mushroom effect, or possibly even exploding the bullet. That was the theory, anyway, in "The Day of the Jackal". The assassin going after DeGaulle had mercury in his bullets to make them explode. If it would work, I would think it would need to not completely fill the hollow cavity. It would need room to move.

In Mississippi, several years ago, poison arrows were allowed during bowhunting (I don't know if that is still true). You used this dingus called a POD (Poison Operating Device) behind the broadhead. You hit the deer, the POD went into the body of the deer and released the poison. You used a synthetic curare. A guy I know, who used to live there, told me he had a quantity of this synthetic curare. He had packed the hollow in Sierra 185 grain JHC 45 bullets with it. It was his "home defense" ammo. Said he did not need to do a good shot. Just hit him. Once it got into the bloodstream, it was fatal, unless there was someone right there that knew what he was doing and had the right equipment to resuscitate the burglar until the curare's paralysis of the breathing system wore off. Shoot him in the heart/lung? He dies. Shoot him in the arm? Takes 10 minutes or so, but he dies.

Don't know whether that would work either, but that's what I was told.
  15. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

But the reason I even started thinking about this is because of a projectI herad of that the Government was doing decades ago. They were actualy trying this to make it seem like the person survived the shot, but the poison killed them on a later date. So really this is all out of curiosity.