I was looking at the 770, but this is what I came up with!

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by carver, Oct 22, 2011.

1. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I found it! The Remington 700 VTR. I was at Bass Pro Shop last night looking for a bipod, and thought I would ask the sales person behind the desk about a good .308. We talked a little about the guns on the rack, but when he pointed out the Remington, we didn't go any further. I've been looking around on the net all morning, hunting for the gun I was looking at, but the closest I have come is the one in the pic, but it's still not the gun I was looking at. The one in the picture is green, with black overmold grips, and the one I was looking at is grey, with black overmold grips, and a Satin Black Oxide barrel. Tactical-style barrels are 1 in 12" twist for the 308 caliber. $599 Now I need to contact my dealer to see if he can get the grey/black rifle, and at what cost. The next step will be a Red Field scope to mount on it!

Attached Files:

2. H-D

H-D Active Member

Congrats if you got the vtr you got a much better rifle than the 770 a coworker has one and its a sweet shooter
  3. JLA

JLA Moderator

The VTR is a good rifle. I dont particularly care for the triangle shaped barrel but they put bullets on paper really close together and thats all that really matters.

Myles, I have an abundance of extra steel bases and rings for the rem 700 actions. Let me know when you seal the deal on the rifle and what model you ended up with and ill make double sure the rings and bases are right and send em your way.
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I have one exactly like the one pictured and I really love the thing.
  5. joncutt87

joncutt87 New Member

I think one of our local shops has one on consignment
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I'll give ya a holler, It will be a couple more weeks before I can put the money together.
  7. JLA

JLA Moderator

Let me know. Itll save you a good 70 bucks on a decent set of rings and bases. Most of the ones I have are takeoffs from pawnshop guns. Nearly new in condition.
  8. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Carver, What's your zip code?

Davidson's has 11 in stock and in my area I got a half dozen local dealer quotes ranging from $771.00 to $835.00 out the door.

Edit, Oops, sorry I didn't read your post right. The above info is for the one you posted with the green stock. They didn't list the black one you described.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011