I was wondering which model and what, if any, the collector value would be?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by massiveclaw, Sep 27, 2012.

1. massiveclaw

massiveclaw New Member

I've recently come into a FFV-Husqvarna 30-06. The barrel has "FFV Sports,Inc. New York,N.Y. USA" and "30-06 Nitro" stamped on it. The action has "FFV-Husqvarna, Sweden " and serial#"5020XX" stamped on it. The bolt is jeweled and must the "improved Mauser" for it doesn't have the extractor hardware on the exterior of the bolt, but it is in line with the circumference of the bolt face. It has a 2 position safety and a plain steel floor plate. The mag holds 5. The stock is a blondish, handcheckered, hi-gloss, monte carlo style with a rosewood looking fore-end tip. The single stage trigger brakes like glass at 4 lbs. I would appreciate some guidance regarding the model designation, general info, and perhaps it's value. While not "new in box" it is in excellent condition.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  2. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

Hi welcome to TFF!
    It would make things easier if you post some pictures.
    Mike
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

When Husqvarna wanted to phase out firearms production, they sold their arms division to FFV (Förenade Fabriksverken) allowing use of the Husqvarna name for a period of time. They used several importers, including S&W, which imported the rifles under their name. Later, FFV established FFV Sports as their U.S. branch and importer. They are excellent rifles and usually bring $500-600 in excellent condition.

Jim
  4. massiveclaw

massiveclaw New Member

Thanks, If and when my equipment and prowess get together I will send pictures. Thanks again.