The Firearms Forum banner

I was wondering which model and what, if any, the collector value would be?

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  massiveclaw 
#1 · (Edited)
I've recently come into a FFV-Husqvarna 30-06. The barrel has "FFV Sports,Inc. New York,N.Y. USA" and "30-06 Nitro" stamped on it. The action has "FFV-Husqvarna, Sweden " and serial#"5020XX" stamped on it. The bolt is jeweled and must the "improved Mauser" for it doesn't have the extractor hardware on the exterior of the bolt, but it is in line with the circumference of the bolt face. It has a 2 position safety and a plain steel floor plate. The mag holds 5. The stock is a blondish, handcheckered, hi-gloss, monte carlo style with a rosewood looking fore-end tip. The single stage trigger brakes like glass at 4 lbs. I would appreciate some guidance regarding the model designation, general info, and perhaps it's value. While not "new in box" it is in excellent condition.

#3 ·
When Husqvarna wanted to phase out firearms production, they sold their arms division to FFV (Förenade Fabriksverken) allowing use of the Husqvarna name for a period of time. They used several importers, including S&W, which imported the rifles under their name. Later, FFV established FFV Sports as their U.S. branch and importer. They are excellent rifles and usually bring $500-600 in excellent condition.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.