i will open my club up for any TFF function wanted in mo area

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bobski, Mar 1, 2012.

1. bobski

bobski Former Guest

lets have a TFF MO. 1/SHOOTIN' PARTY in the ozarks!

TFF MO. 1 FUN SHOOT/BBQ

i read how you guys on tff have a lot of get togethers.

and some of you probably know i own a very quiet and secluded skeet/trap range in the south central ozarks of mo. if you dont, click and visit me below. its mine outright. and its in my backyard.

and im very pleased to make it available free, as a destination place to hold tff meetings or shotgun matches or just a plain old get togethers for bbq and the likes.
    all i ask is that you bring your shotguns and shoot some clays for me in return. make it enough to break even for costs and ill be happy.
    i usually charge fees to corp. groups for this stuff.....but since i was warmly re-welcomed to tff after being awol for years, make it free.
    bring your own bbq grills. i dont have enough to feed an army!
    bring your campers and set up free on my property. the clubhouse has 1 toilet, so come with a tank and take it with you if you can.
    anyone can use my shower in the private cabin if needed. its small, but its clean.
    pitch in a pot and we can have a shooting match. i can offer awards or cash. either way. i'll do whatever i can, to make your trip worth it.

feel free to pass this on to any board owner/mod here at tff and let them know im donating my range for tff meetings in s.central mo. just pick a time of the year and i'll give it to you.

i didnt know what forum to put this in, so i hope someone can help if im off aim.

i think i found a new home here. im glad to be rid of the evil green place.
    cheers!
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Sounds great! Thanks for the offer! I have never shot skeet/trap, might be something interesting, or embarrassing.
  3. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Bob, that's a very generous offer. Thanks. We have a Texas BBQ and our official TFF BBQ in Georgia. Your place is the middle and accessable for a bunch of members.

Someone needs to start making plans.

Now we need a west coast meet,one more down under and we will be world wide. :D almost
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Yeah, I can make Mo just as easy as GA!
  5. bobski

bobski Former Guest

let me make this clear...bbq in ga. is ga. style bbq!
    texas style bbq is only in TEXAS! :>

b-y-o-bbq!

now look, i gotta order the targets, ammo etc...i gotta make sure the machines are running and working and act as hospitality liason, not to mention drive from va. to do this.

so anyone willing to hop in the pilot seat and take charge of planning, please, do it!
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  6. bobski

bobski Former Guest

btw carver, my tx inlaws attend church in shreveport.
  7. bobski

bobski Former Guest

consider it my '11th year on line' gift to tff.
  8. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

I would be up for something in the fall (cooler weather) before goose season. some trap/BS time sounds real good.
  9. bobski

bobski Former Guest

thats a hefty trip from dakota!
    yet i know guys in mo. here that commute up there for welding jobs on high wires. man thats a haul. and yes, they stay up there for a season!
  10. mogunner

mogunner Active Member

I'm just a bit south of St. Louis, but haven't shot clays since I was like 13...and haven't ever owned a shotgun of my own I have to admit. It's still a fine offer though. We are looking at property in the southern end of the state, or will be if and when the wife's workmans comp lawsuit gets settled, give me the forests and streams over asphalt anytime.
  11. bobski

bobski Former Guest

12. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    I think we need to start the TFF 49 State Tour (sorry Illinois). That way all of our members would be able to attend one locally.
  13. bobski

bobski Former Guest

im planning on being in mo. for about a month around late may/june.
    theres a 30 day window for you all to aim for.
    any takers?
    btw, the clubhouse is airconditioned and i will have loaner guns.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  14. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

that is so nice of u Bob, do u have another place in ct.?
  15. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

late May/June would not work for me. walleye season and all ya know. plus my body can't handle high humidity. boot camp at Ft. Leonard Wood almost killed me back in '90.

thanks for the offer though.

I hear you about Illinois, a buddy of mine lives there and he has almost no freedom. he's thinking of coming my way this summer.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  16. bobski

bobski Former Guest

odds are i'll be in mo. for the second part in late oct/nov.
  17. bobski

bobski Former Guest

im still open for a second tff destination idea, for those that cant make the haul to ga.. just let me know the time frame you guys would prefer and we can meet in mo.. im now looking at a possible late june/july.
    lmk know guys. bring ammo. its gonna be a shootin' get together.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  18. bobski

bobski Former Guest

my tff mo1 attempt doesnt have a sticky to remind us, so im popping it back up top.
    july is going to be the month. it has to be. its the only month i'll be at the range. hot or not, doesnt matter. my club has ac and shade trees outside. remember, the ozarks are elevated 1500' higher and temps are 10deg cooler than surrounding areas, so evenings cool off better. i see the theme of most tff meets is food and picnicing. keep in mind, we can have that too, but SHOOTING shotguns will be the theme of the mo. tff meet. if families come, my suggestion is bring your fishing poles and money...and stay at the rockbridge trout resort. its something you wont forget. and too, all the guys and gals can meet at the resorts lounge after shooting for drinks. its set in a rustic old mill next to a dam and a babbling stream stocked full of trout. its very impressive.
    only 60 days left guys. need names and commitments.
    keep in mind, commitments come in the form of reservation confirmations at the resort, or 50.00 checks made payable to VCPF. i will send you your range card for 11 games as a receipt. the proceeds will go to secure targets. ammo can be purchased at the range or bring your own. i do have 1 12ga loan gun, but thats a lot to ask of 1 gun, so bring your own as well.
    we need someone to be the cook. i need the cook to tell me what he needs to operate.(bbq grill, spices, etc...or just bring it along.) i can cater the meet too if no one commits.
    i need to know if campers are coming.
    how many guns and how much ammo youll need.
    number of guests per family. ages of shooters.

lets make a drop dead date of 1 june. if i dont have any commitments, it will be cancelled. as much as id like to have you all, if only one person shows, its not a meet, it will be just treated like a individual visit to my range.

thanks!
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
  19. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

This sure is one unique, fantastic board filled with the most special people I've run across in my ~15 years online.

Bob is just another good example. :thumbsup:

There are many good people in the big ol' world.
  20. bobski

bobski Former Guest

its 400 miles to vanzant, we have a full tank of gas, 1/2 a pack of cigarettes, its dark, and we have sunglasses....hit it!
    Last edited: May 1, 2012