I wish I could find these cowards....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Double D, Sep 4, 2012.

1. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    God did give us dominion over the animals, but that does not include abuse of said animals. I've had my heart broken more than once over a loved dog, and I can not see any way someone could hurt on of God's creatures, just to hurt it!
  2. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

Oh that does make me mad!

I was curious, so I looked up the law/punishment for cruelty to animals for OK.
    In Oklahoma it is a felony, punishable up to five years in prison. (Not enough as far as I'm concerned for what this guy did.)

But to really get everyone’s dander up, check out Ohio. In Ohio a crime such as this would be a second-degree misdemeanor. (This really makes me mad!!)

Ohio:
    959.02 Injuring animals.
    No person shall maliciously, or willfully, and without the consent of the owner, kill or injure a horse, mare, foal, filly, jack, mule, sheep, goat, cow, steer, bull, heifer, ass, ox, swine, dog, cat, or other domestic animal that is the property of another. This section does not apply to a licensed veterinarian acting in an official capacity.

B) Except as otherwise provided in this division, whoever violates section 959.02 of the Revised Code is guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree. If the value of the animal killed or the injury done amounts to three hundred dollars or more, whoever violates section 959.02 of the Revised Code is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree

Oklahoma:
    Any person who shall willfully or maliciously torture, destroy or kill, or cruelly beat or injure, maim or mutilate any animal in subjugation or captivity, whether wild or tame, and whether belonging to the person or to another, or deprive any such animal of necessary food, drink, shelter, or veterinary care to prevent suffering; or who shall cause, procure or permit any such animal to be so tortured, destroyed or killed, or cruelly beaten or injured, maimed or mutilated, or deprived of necessary food, drink, shelter, or veterinary care to prevent suffering; or who shall willfully set on foot, instigate, engage in, or in any way further any act of cruelty to any animal, or any act tending to produce such cruelty, shall be guilty of a felony and shall be punished by imprisonment in the State Penitentiary not exceeding five (5) years, or by imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding one (1) year, or by a fine not exceeding Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00). Any animal so maltreated or abused shall be considered an abused or neglected animal
  3. Rocketman1

This article says: "Sheriff Scott Walton said the investigation was finished and the case was turned over to the Rogers County District Attorney's Office, but said no arrests have been made.

He said they have identified all parties involved, but declined to name a suspect."

I wanted to say "Hang them high by ... with bailing wire." (Can't say that.)

http://www.newson6.com/story/194551...mplete-investigation-into-dogs-dragging-death
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I will say castration...
  5. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I think they need to handle this like the Trevon-Martin case. They need to publicize their address when they find the people and let it take it's course. I am for the guy that mentioned bailing wire and a pickup truck. That sounds appropriate to me,,, kind of like an eye for an eye however I am the kind that believes you take my eye, I take both of yours.

This individual probably looks just like Obummers son would look if he had a son.
  6. Ironvarmint

Ironvarmint New Member

I had a black lab that lived to be 12 yrs. He was with me everywhere I went. I can’t imagine some low life doing this to him. I think if I would ever get my hands on this low life’s my action would be justifiable.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  7. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

It would be just like killing one of my children. No different.
  8. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

I read the headline of that article and could not go on. If I had read more of it I would be driving out there to hunt down those cowards myself. I can watch or hear about people getting killed and beat up and it does not bother me in the least. When it involves a dog, I become enraged. I have witnessed people beating dogs in the past, and they got back exactly what they were giving to the dog. I guess I should count my blessings that they didn't kill the dog, because I would be in prison right now if they had.
  9. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

If someone should happen to similarly treat the culprits -

I will grant them absolution if they say "oops" twice.
  10. Rocketman1

Now that is the best idea yet. Perhaps that is why the sheriff didn't publicize the suspect’s name(s).
  11. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

They will, in time they will.