I would love one of these...

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by A-Zo, Dec 5, 2007.

1. A-Zo

A-Zo New Member

What's a guy gata do to pick one of these up?

Colt Python Elite
    [​IMG]
  2. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

Have a lot of money?
  3. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

Yes, a lot. Like between $1000-$2000+, an FFL or someone with an FFL to transfer it for you (the later may require you to pay a transfer fee, usually $15-$30) and any S/H fees. Also, in the USSK (United Soviet States of Kalifornia) there is a required 10 day background check, not handguns transfered to New York, Maryland, D.C. or those shameless places called states.
  4. Taurus_9mm

Taurus_9mm New Member

Sell a kidney perhaps? Very nice though and yes, very expensive (at least to me)
    :)
  5. RIPBiker13

RIPBiker13 New Member

You can't put a price on a great weapon like that! I've been wanting one for years but never got one.
  6. thunderstruck507

thunderstruck507 New Member

ok this is going to sound incredibly stupid I think, but what are the differences between those and the regular ones? and the king cobras like I have?
  7. RIPBiker13

RIPBiker13 New Member

Only thing I could think is maybe the finish and the grip. But IDK for sure.
  8. williamd

williamd New Member

Looked up listed dealers. One was nearby so drove over ... they had not even heard of the Python Elite! So, I said 'well, find out about it and order me one!' Will let y'all know. But, after some book and telephone work I as told it is a "plain old" Python in a "fancy dress". Fine, get it!

I have a blue (which is the color guns should be!) 4" Python. Yea, "plain old Python". Sold a 3" last year ... sad but got enough for two quality O/U's! It was NIB with all papers and original sales slips! Got well over BlueBook. Yea, I know "never sell a gun".

BlueBook lists differences between Python and King Cobra, but having never owned a Cobra/King Cobra I cannot attest to accuracy.

If/when they get 'my' Elite I will post pics and evaluation!

I have one of those wives who says - if you want it, get it! And she means it. She is a shooter and bird hunter.
  9. RIPBiker13

RIPBiker13 New Member

That's awesome! Mine is like that too. She uses my G27 more than I do and as far as I'm concerned now, it's hers. And recently she told me she wants a Desert Eagle .357Mag
  10. Ursus

Ursus New Member

I'm in love!!!
  11. williamd

williamd New Member

No new Pythons from Colt ...

:( Apparently the rumors that the Python was back in, or going back in, production are wrong! So, web sellers and used guns in shops are about it. I find listings from several 100 to a few 1000 dollars. Depends on model and condition obvioulsy ... but also on locale! In any case, there is no shortage of Pythons on the market if you want to spare the bread. I have a 4" Python and a 4" S&W M586 (guns should really be blue!). The Python does feel a bit better to me but it ain't 3 - 5 times better as the prices would indicate!! As far as that goes, I recently sold a Taurus that was a good weapon!