IB 4 this,wotchuthink??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ibtrukn, Jan 20, 2006.

1. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation have many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military. For those of you who can’t join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas we would like your assistance:

1) The next time you see an adult talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem… kick their ass.

2) When you witness firsthand someone burning the American Flag in protest… kick their ass.

3) Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these Veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many
    sacrifices these Veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a Disabled Veteran kicks their ass.

4) If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing camouflage, telling others that you used to be “Special Forces,” and collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay if you were still seven. Now, it will only make you look stupid and get your ass kicked.

5) Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, “Do you fly a jet?” Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an ass kicking (children are exempt).

6) If you witness someone calling the U.S. Coast Guard nonmilitary, inform them of their mistake… and kick their ass.

7) Roseanne Barr’s singing of the National Anthem is not a blooper… it was a disgrace and disrespectful. Laugh, and sooner or later your ass will be kicked.

8) Next time Old Glory goes by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her… of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ass kicking.

9) What Jane Fonda did during the Vietnam War makes her the enemy. Just mention her nomination for “Woman of the Year” and get your ass kicked.

10) Don’t try to discuss politics with a military member or a veteran. We are Americans and we all bleed the same regardless of our party affiliation. The President is our Commander in Chief regardless of political party. We have no inside track on what happens inside those big important buildings where all those representatives meet. All we know is that when those civilian representatives screw up the situation, they call upon the military to go straighten it out. The military member might direct you to Oliver North. (I can see him kicking your ass already.)

11) “Your mama wears combat boots” never made sense to me. If she did, she would most likely be a vet and, therefore, could kick your ass!

12) Bin Laden and the Taliban are not communists, so stop saying “Let’s go kill those Commie’s!!!” And stop asking us where he is!!!! Crystal balls are not standard issue in the military. That reminds me … if you see anyone calling those damn psychic phone numbers; let me know, so I can go kick their ass.

13) Flyboy (Air Force), Jar Head (Marines), Grunt (Army), Squid (Navy), etc., are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. Doing so will get your ass kicked.

14) Last but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of sailors and troops far from home wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get its ass kicked.

- “It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.

- It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.

- It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.

- It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.”

(Authored by:)Father Dennis Edward O’Brien, Sergeant, USMC (Please pass this on so I won’t have to kick your ass!) :cool:
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Jo, dumi grinko, chu feyenliposd sumtin gud! Grasyass! ;)
  3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Terrific, IB. Thanks for posting it.

;) :) :)
  4. Hanoi Jane should have been tried and convicted of treason!

Great post, IB.
  5. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

Yar U dummi jarhed IB no dat!! :cool:
  6. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Chu musabina hairdayl! :D :D :D
  7. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Done, yes sir, Father sir. :cool:

Any other squid/jarhead out there?

Yes, you can serve both at one time!!!!
  8. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

9. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Yes, the Marine Corps is "Department of the Navy". We are the Mens Department and the only service to figure out how to get someone else to pay us and to take us where we want to go anytime we want to be there! Ever see a Navy base guarded by the Navy? Not in any lifetime I know of! :D :D :D :D :D
  10. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Unfortunately, I think Father O'Brian got one of them wrong (which is pretty good for a Marine stringing more than three words together. :D ) To wit:

Those people who would burn our flag need help. It is our duty to help those in need. So, when you witness firsthand someone burning the American Flag in protest… wrap them up in it and strike the match.

Pops
  11. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Plano is right about 1 thing. While I did 5 years as an "anchor clanker" , NO ONE ever stole a Gate at a Navy Base, that was guarded by a Marine! BooYah! ;)
  12. Familyguy

Familyguy New Member

Do you know why they take the marines on their cruises? Easier to feed than sheep. :eek: :D :D

Just a few observations:

2) Except someone properly disposing an old, worn out one ;)

6) Department of Transportation - what reference is acceptable? "Not-Armed Forces"? They are definitely armed. One of my former shooting buddies used to practice trap off the deck of his ship...talk about a challenge! (no wonder he's so good)

7) She was only poking fun at baseball players and some of the yahoos that have goofed the song over the years...that being said, the dumb fat bit - uh, witch had no class.

9) "TRAITOR" works for me. "Long drop and a sudden stop" would be just fine.

13) Coming from a family of jarheads and squids, I feel perfectly safe referring to them as such. Any attempt to whip their favorite whipping boy may result in YOUR ass getting kicked. :)

14) How about "maintained" or "safeguarded" or "gauranteed"? We "gave" those things to ourselves, and continue to do so by supporting the military and practicing those rights.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  13. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

Squid?? i totit wuz swab(ie) or "gob" an havin conduktid a far monyta bizness witda COAST GUARD (post coasties), sumhow IB rmembr 1 a da fav sayinins "when the navy comes in, WE go out" dis1 fruma grizzled ol CPO dat prally
    held da dam lantirn inda bow wen Geo Wash crossed da delaware.. IF IB hadta do it over thas rite no more airplanes......... :cool: