IBM M-1 Carbine

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 23, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

BlackGun
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/8/02 6:26:44 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Authinicate the IBM M1 Carbine
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok, Guys it's mine for 3 bills. 1st picture is the left side of the stock just below the rear peep site

2nd picture is of a P inside a 1/2 circle P) on top of the the barrel directly in front of the bayonet lug

The 3rd picture is again the top of the barrel 1 1/2" behind the front sight it is the letter V

The 4th picture is the botton of the pistol grip in the stock again it is the letter P within a half circle.

This weapon has the name IBM Corp. inder the rear peep sight and below that is the ser# 3710XXX

on the rear of the front sight is the letters SN
    On top of the receiver in front of the bolt is U.S. Carbine Cal. 30 M1
    This weapon has only one bad scratch and that appears in picture #1 there is no rust and the finish appears to be prestine. The stock has no gouges and only minor scrarches. No dings

Tread On Me, But, Leave My DONUT Alone! !

BlackGUN

Edited by: BlackGun at: 2/8/02 7:11:54 pm

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/8/02 7:15:36 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Authinicate the IBM M1 Carbine
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sweet!!!

Wish I could find deals like that. It looks to me like a very nice rifle to add to your collection BlackGun.

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/8/02 7:40:32 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Authinicate the IBM M1 Carbine
    Blackgun too SSSwweeett! Now just what have you got planned with them little .17 pills? Nosey people like me just have to know.
    cointoss2

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/8/02 7:50:13 pm)
    Very nice find there BG

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/8/02 8:03:43 pm)
    DON'T SHOOT THEM LITTLE BUDDITS IN THAT GUN

That said can I have the gun?

Good deal for $300
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

BlackGun
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/8/02 8:10:29 pm)
    Can someone tell me if the IBM Carbin's authinic and what's it worth?

Ben them lil pills is fer my Remington 700 BDL .17 with a 4X12X50 BSA . Them Buddit are to expensive so I'ze gotta reload um.

BlackGUN

Edited by: BlackGun at: 2/8/02 9:23:57 pm

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/8/02 8:20:49 pm)
    Ain`t worth squat, less it comes with a mouse. I`ll give you $325.00 for it....cause it shoots .17 reloads. LTS

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/8/02 8:27:38 pm)
    Now dang it Blackgun here ya go. Ya got to remember to use google

This site will give you everything you are asking. Read away. It is also a great site for M1Garand stuff.

Another site is ORION something, I forget, but a search would find it also.

www.fulton-armory.com/M1Carbine.htm

We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

Edited by: warpig883 at: 2/8/02 8:30:58 pm

Tac401
    Administrator
    (2/9/02 1:10:56 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    BG,

It appears to have the correct flat M1-C bolt,
    is there anymore writing at all on the barrel
    like IBM or any other letters or numbers on
    the barrel?

I will get you a positive ID and value later today,
    if this rifle is all correct and original then you are
    looking at a good bpiece of change as far as car-
    bines go, I'll get back with you later on it!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/9/02 4:58:20 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Tac, no, no, no, no, no........... don't give him a correct value - hell we're trying to figure out how to talk him out of it!

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/9/02 9:59:35 am)
    I'm certainly no Carbine expert....but....it looks authentic to me. If so, it's worth quite a bit more than $300.

Even if it's not, (if it's a "mix-and-match") it's gotta be worth that much as a shooter.

I'd snap it up.....and quickly!

BlackGun
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/9/02 10:12:24 am)
    Tac the only place IBM appears is under the rear peep sight along with the Ser#. The only other markings that are on this gun at all (with out removeing the wood) is the initials "JM" on tha barrel clamp

BlackGUN

HondoJohn6508
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/9/02 10:33:57 am)
    BG,
    Everything appears so far that it is original and correct. The serial # is in the correct range for IBM and indicateds that it was manufactured in the Oct-DEC,1943 range. If I am not mistakedn the circle P indicates it came back to one of the arsenals for a rework which happened to a lot of the guns. This is just an initial review of the materials that I have right now. I will get back to you later. Looks very good,so far!!!!
    Ol' John in Hondo!

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/9/02 10:36:44 am)
    Sorry - JM means "Japanese Made" - I'll take it off your hands for $350 though.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

HondoJohn6508
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/9/02 10:49:09 am)
    BG,
    One more item I found--the cartouche on the left side of the stock 'BA' indicates the weapon was a rebuild/rework at the Benica Arsenal(whereever the hell that is!!) The CAB is probably the inspector's initials but I can't find any reference to the initials---further research is indicated and necessary.

BlackGun
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/9/02 11:00:25 am)
    Thanks Guys! All help is appreciated, I'll still need a real dollar figure if you can! I plan on turning the gun when I get a fair market value on it. I'll take $600.00 right now or a Gold Cup in trade if anyone is intersted!

BlackGUN

Edited by: BlackGun at: 2/9/02 11:36:31 am