Icon Fails to Rise

Discussion in 'The Pump House Saloon' started by dianalv, Mar 6, 2010.

1. dianalv

dianalv New Member

It with the saddest of heart that I pass on the following. Please join me in remembering a great icon. The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and complications from repeated pokes in the tummy. He was only 71.

Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies and Captain Crunch.

The gravesite was piled high with flours, as long time friend Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy, describing Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded.

Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half baked schemes.

Despite being a little flaky at times, he even still, as a crusty old man, was considered a roll model for millions. Toward the end it was thought that he would rise again, but alas, he was no tart.

Doughboy is survived by his wife Play Dough, two children, John Dough and Jane Dough, plus they had one in the oven. He is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart. The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.
  2. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    I guess they made an ash of the poor guy.... :D
  3. flintlock

flintlock Well-Known Member

Anyone heard from Alky Alka-seltzer?
  4. red14

red14 Active Member

I think I am qualified to take his place.

I have been moonlighting as the Michelin Man.
  5. dianalv

dianalv New Member

Good one! I love puns.