1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

ID and value of 7.65 Ruby pistol

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Der Finn, May 4, 2012.

1. Der Finn

Der Finn New Member

Hello,
    Just picked up this World War II bring back 7.65mm Ruby pistol which came in a Walther PP holster. Have tried, with no luck, to find out what exact model and.or variation it is. Can't find a photo of one with this style single-screw grips. Also, what is it worth? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks very much!
    Tom Heinonen

Attached Files:

2. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Tom.

There were fifty or so licensed and unlicensed Spanish makers who furnished the "Ruby" type autos to France, and it's pretty futile to try and identify those with no catchy name, maker, or logo marking. And the "official" Ruby types had longer grips than yours.

Anonymous Spanish pocket autos are not valued highly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_pistol
  3. Der Finn

Der Finn New Member

Thanks very much! Every little bit of info helps.
  4. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

It looks more like a commercial Spanish pistol than one of the military issued Ruby types. Both France and Italy issued a short grip Ruby-type pistol in WWI, but again I don't think this was one of them. These pistols were used all over the world in the first half of the 20th centry, and it would not suprise me that an American GI would have captured one in WWII.

In good condition pistols such as yours seem to be selling for $100 to $150. People ask more but then they sit on the table unsold.
  5. Lanrezac

Lanrezac Active Member

I agree with 45Auto - that is a post-WWI commercial gun, probably made for export to the United States. There is even less known about them then about the guns made for the French military.

That one is in attractive shape, and collector interest in them is increasing somewhat, but it is increasing from a very low level. I would put the top end for it up around $200 at an internet auction website, but of course your net would be less than that. Just my $.02.
  6. Der Finn

Der Finn New Member

Thanks again for the help and information!