ID my Arisaka??????

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by bamaposey, Sep 15, 2012.

1. bamaposey

bamaposey New Member

Please help meID the arisaka. Iwould like to know the info and a good price to ask for this gun. I am planning on selling.

Attached Files:

2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

It WAS a Type 99 Japanese rifle. If it has not been altered, it fires the 7.7x58 (aka the 7.7 mm Japanese). It appears to be in very poor condition and has been very badly "sporterized". It is probably safe to fire with the proper ammunition, but it might be a good idea to have it checked by a gunsmith.

Value is close to nil unless someone wants a very inexpensive and very basic hunting rifle. It might bring $50 in a trade in (unless you are buying something very expensive.

Jim
  3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Jim is spot on, if there is any family history with the gun, I'd just hang on to it. It's a series 25. Most likely manufactured at the Kokura aresenal.
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Sir even here in Australia where theres big taxes on anything gun this is $125 rifle ( so pretty close to the US $50 mentioned ) if you have big ones to ask that , some places do , but values not a lot , except as a shooter if you have the ammo ..

throw a scope on it and you may sell it as a deer rifle or hog rifle

Welcome to the forum by the way , sorry the news was not as great as it may have been wished for ..
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  5. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Member

I saw its twin at a gun show in Fredericksburg yesterday, they were asking $170 for it. Another dealer was asking $3,000 for one that he claimed was "unissued"--but a dinged up stock and 100% like-yesterday blueing told another story...