ID Pinfire revolver

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by Altonjr, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Altonjr

Altonjr New Member

I will try to describe this revolver, sorry no photo . I can't seem to locate info on the internet . My description is: Maker..TWO'S BRADEBURN & SONS..located on top of barrel , 6 shot pinfire revolver ,3.5 inch barrel ,my guess 32 cal or 7 mm ,cylinder has stamp, CROWN over the letters EL .Serial No.242928 stamped on l/s frame just above the trigger, hand grip walnut fully checkered , no trigger guard ,appears to be double action in general good condition. Thank you in advance for any info, Altonjr
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

It sounds like a small Belgium self defence gun made by the 10's of thousands between possibly 1860 and the very early 1900's. The name on top would be the retailer, not the maker. These were made and sold throughout Europe, because of the novelty many found them self into WWII duffel bags.The crown over EL is actually a Crown over ELG. With clear photo of all the markings more information may be forthcoming. Because of the number of these guns made they are not rare and value is low. Even in excellent condition it would be hard to get 200 out of it.