idaho Rep calls for Holder to Quit~

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by berto64, Oct 18, 2011.

1. berto64

berto64 Active Member

October 10, 2011
    Idaho Rep Calls for Resignation
    of Holder Over "Fast and Furious"

Idaho First Congressional District Congressman Raúl R. Labrador has called for resignation of Attorney General Eric Holder.

(GunAuction.com) — Today, Idaho First Congressional District Congressman Raúl R. Labrador called for the resignation of United States Attorney General Eric Holder after evidence of discrepancies in his previous testimony before the House Committee on the Judiciary was brought to light by a national media outlet.

Labrador has been critical of potential abuses of the Bureau of Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BAFTE) since his March 17, 2011 letter to Oversight Chairman Darrel Issa urging his committee to conduct in-depth investigations into allegations of weapons being sold, with federal government complicity, to Mexican cartels. Over 1,500 such weapons remain unaccounted for and already one was found at the scene of the death of an American law enforcement officer.

Labrador said, “I first learned about Fast and Furious early this year from several of my constituents. I then asked Chairman Issa to hold hearings on the topic. As I attended the hearings and reviewed the evidence, I was careful to not jump to any conclusions about the extent of Mr. Holder’s involvement. However, the recently published documents that directly link Mr. Holder to Fast and Furious have convinced me that he is either lying or grossly incompetent.”

Rep. Labrador continued, “The Attorney General of the United States has an obligation to provide truthful and accurate testimony to Congress. When Attorney General Eric Holder testified before Congress on May 3, his statements were either untrue or deliberately misleading. It is clear from recently-released documents that Mr. Holder did in fact know about Fast and Furious well before he publicly admitted. Attorney General Holder has a troubling pattern of failed cooperation with the legislative branch. Because of this intentional stonewalling and his misleading testimony, I now call for Mr. Holder’s resignation. It is clear he has not been honest about the extent of his involvement with the failed Fast and Furious program and should not be entrusted with managing the Department of Justice.“

“He cannot avoid responsibility for his involvement with a government program that directly led to the tragic death of a decorated U.S. Border Patrol agent. As our nation’s top enforcer of the principles of law and justice, Mr. Holder has lost all credibility and should step down immediately. The question now is if Mr. Holder is he only protecting himself or is he also protecting others - perhaps all the way to the top of the administration,” Labrador concluded.:dancingdots:
  2. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

Anyone who believes a word Holder speaks is a fool or worse.
  3. al45lc

al45lc New Member

Step Down?!?!? No, PROSECUTED! Time for heads to roll from the top on down!
  4. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

I agree however heads will not roll while this crooked administration is in office! Please vote accordingly!
  5. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

I believe more of this will come little by little and sometime jsut before Christmas Obie will "cut him loose" under some of the distraction of the holidays. Then Prosecute him!!
  6. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Active Member

Holder & Obozo are cut from the same cloth. Lying just comes natural to them, as it does to all IL. politicians. Prosecute them both!
  7. dons2346

dons2346 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

They should give Holder a load of guns to carry across the border. Let him get some first hand info.
  8. whirley

whirley New Member

Under no circumstances will Holder be prosecuted for anything, just as Janet Reno was never prosecuted for the deaths at Waco. President Clinton has said he could not allow Janet Reno to be prosecuted, because she knew too much about him and his activities.
  9. Warith

Warith Member

I agree no way will the Great Terrorest allow Holder to be prosecuted for anything. Heck if Holder goes it will be on his own I doubt if the idiot in charge would know if Holder was lieing or not.