1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Identify Print Please

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by ninjatoth, Jan 8, 2010.

1. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Exactly.
  2. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Okay...hope this works...carver, what do you think of these prints? I sure don't know?

Attached Files:

3. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Zane:
    Can't tell size but I'm guessing not real big and looks like two coon tracks, one on top of another or a six toed sumpin or other.

The first track looks like a dog to me as well. The pad isn't elongated enough for a bear and in the muddy soil tracks can look a little weird.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  4. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Chupacabra
  5. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

That's what I was going to say! :D
  6. Rneck

Rneck New Member

Half bluetick half walker
  7. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

its prolly a ferral dog. Its not a Cyote cuz the toes aint shaped right. The smaller prints I woud say possibly a wolverine but I am reluctant to say so. Its prolly a stray of some type runnin around.
  8. Zane71464

well yep to all the above, I know when I saw them there we were haveing a drout that spring and at the edge of a drying up pond it was polluted with tracks. But the ones just looked different. Ive ran across, or should I say bear have ran across me in the past down here on suprise. There is over a 1,000+ acres of fields and rough terrain and everyone but me has claimed to see bear while out. I have sit night and day with spotting scopes and cameras just wanting to get one on film. But havent yet, but have been on the 4 wheeler out and about have have ran up on them a few times. Is it just my luck or are they that illusive? I mean the hours I have sit and I have heard them...just would like to see one while waiting to see one! Ya know..
  9. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

It never fails, While you are looking you will not see one then when you least expect it you run across one. I went through this while lookin to get pictures of the bug Cat there in Briceville Tn. I am goin back up there when the weather breaks. I plan on spending alot of time up there till I get pictures or a carcass either way I will have my proof this spring.
  10. Zane71464

so very true...it never fails.
    Hey there ya go with the CAT idea. Here while we are haveing this not so good weather is a good time to spend sometime out and about and tracking while the snow is still on. And another thing is the couger, they are in this area as well. At least they have been this past summer...passing tru or whatever. Me and my son was comeing back on the 4 wheeler from bow hunting and one jumped from "somewhere" over in front of the path we were on and was like a streak! We both saw it and it was gone as fast as we caught a glimps of it going over the trail. Scared us both speechless at the time.
  11. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I really can't tell from the angle of the photo. Would have been better if shot from directly above. But again, I would suggest dog tracks. You might have some different critters up there in the north than we do down here in the south.
  12. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    Has my little puppy been poopin around yer house...:eek:... sorry

As a bench mark, look down at his paws and my boots....:eek:.. I wear a Size 12... :D

He's gone to doggy heaven now, but he was one of a kind

[​IMG]
  13. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Al I love Mastiffs. Huge, Drooly, Loyal, Intemidateing. The only problem is keeping them in food.
  14. Zane71464

Now that is one BIG beautiful dog. I thought my Rott was big...I was WRONG!
    Beautiful dog ALMOUNT!