Identify this proof mark?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by paddywonka, Oct 24, 2009.

1. paddywonka

paddywonka New Member

Bought this 1910 FN pistol #74350,all matching. Can you identify this proof mark,was told might be Belgian Military? Cannot find it in any of my books or on internet.Looks like a crown over 2 AAs,or M?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

3. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    Just a word of caution. I had an M1922 version. Same gun, longer barrel. It has a striker instead of a hammer. It let go a time or two without me wanting it to. A bit scary. Not too hard to strip, so check that striker and don't carry a round in the chamber. Just my 2 cents, and worth every penny. TJ
  4. paddywonka

paddywonka New Member

Thanks very much for the info.Bought the pistol at a gun show for$175. The main reason was the unusual proof,and never owned one before.Also good heads up on carrying a striker pistol with one in the chamber.Took the 1910 out to the range,it ate everything I put through it.Four different brands of FMJs,and Speer Gold Dots,Hydra Shocks and Silver tips.Never a failure to feed or eject. At 50 feet was dead on with all ammo,Fiocchi FMJ the most accurate.If it was not a striker fired pistol,would be a good canidate for concealed carry.Passed every test,I think is critical,in a very small package.Except the round in the chamber safe carry.A typical 50'target shot with the 1910.Own 2) 1922,a Dutch and Serbian,also great ,in the more potent .380 ACP
    >[​IMG]
  5. paddywonka

paddywonka New Member

Hey,fogot ,thanks for the great FN link.