Identify Winchester Target .22

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by wubaja, Dec 16, 2009.

1. wubaja

wubaja New Member

I have a Winchester target rifle, serial number 12415. I "think" it was manufactured in 1928, but it has no indication of its model. It might be a Model 52, but how do I figure out if it is a 52, 52C, etc.? (I do NOT think it is a 52B because the safety is on the left side.)

To complicate matters, it has an "Eric Johnson" bull barrel.

Any help in identifying this rifle - - and estimating its value - - will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

wubaja
  2. artabr

artabr New Member

Without pics or model number, who knows.
    If it's a 52 you have the right year. 52 serial numbers end the year of 1928 at 12430 then continue into 1929 with # 12431. 2646 52's were built in 1928.

Art
  3. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

If the safty is on the left side it predates the B models. If it is a speed lock it might be considered a 52A by some. With the Eric Johnson barrel it's value as a collector is gone. For any kind of an accurate apraisal, we will need full length pictures and pics of details and features. As a guess it might be in the $400 - $700 range in very good condition. Less if not.

Regards, Kirk
  4. wubaja

wubaja New Member

Kirk,

Thanks for the info! I am new to working with "posts" but I will try to get some pictures up this weekend.

Ray (aka wubaja)
  5. wubaja

wubaja New Member

Thanks for the input. I will try to get some pictures posted in the next few days. Maybe that will help.

Sincerely,

Ray (aka "wubaja")
  6. wubaja

wubaja New Member

Here are some pictures (I hope). Do they help identify this?

Ray

Attached Files: