IDPA Match This Sunday

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by IShootBack, Jan 25, 2005.

1. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

Caviler Rifle and Pistol Club

Here is the club link. I'll be cooking lunch.

Shooters,
    We are ready to start the new year of IDPA shooting at Cavalier Rifle and Pistol Club on Sunday, January 30, 2005. As you may be aware, there is a new IDPA rule book that is currently being finalized and it will become effective April 15, 2005. The Safety Officer Staff will try to answer any questions that help all shooters to be 100% legal by 4/15/05.
    We will continue to hold side matches this year. The cost will be $10 per run for the side match. We will alternate Shotgun and Rifle side matches. You should never need more than 40 rounds of rifle ammo for each Rifle side match. January's side match will feature the tactical shotgun. For each Shotgun side match you should have twenty-five size 7 or 8 shotshells and five OO buck shot and five slugs. We will try to keep the ammo requirements the same for each Shotgun or Rifle side match to reduce the confusion. We may not use all of this ammo but you will never use more than this amount for each match.
    This year we are going to handle second entries differently. Second entries are still $5 and are still not eligible for awards. You must complete the first gun and turn your scoresheet into the stat shack before a second entry fee will be accepted. This along with a 11:30 AM registration cutoff should make life easier for the SO Staff.
    We will need extra help with the usual big events again this year. In April we will host the GSSF and in October we will host the Commonwealth Cups 2005. And of course in November we will shoot the ROLLING THUNDER 2005.
    Andy Sweeney will be our special guest Match Director for January and February. Please visit cavrpc.org to get the CAVRPC 2005 Schedule. Good luck and I hope to see you all in 2005!
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  2. 3gunner

3gunner New Member

Thanks for the info. Keep us posted on the '05 Commonwealth Cup, I will be shooting that one. I have not been able to find any exact dates yet. Missed it last year due to work :mad: I am planning on heading up to Va. for the Va. Indoor Regionals. Grand-Maw-In-Law lives near there, we really do need to go visit her ;) . And since we'll be there might as well shoot a match :D
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

If you are cooking lunch, when do you shoot?
    The guys around these parts are some hungry fellas.
  4. IShootBack

I get there early set up the grill and such...Then go shoot...The cook moves to the front of the shooting line.

Come back and clean up and start grillin'.

This month the hot meal of choice is going to be beef BBQ sandwhich. Maybe some chilli.
  5. IShootBack

It'll probablly be the same as this year...Last weekend in October.

Now, if you are into 3-guning...Rolling Thunder is for you. It is a fantastic match!!!
  6. 3gunner

3gunner New Member

Yea, I have heard about those matches from some buddies. Does sound like a good match. Maybe I'll get some of the fella's together for a little road trip this year.

And yup, I love 3-gunning. I actually shoot more IDPA matches than anything but that's only because there are more IDPA matches available. They are both great shooting sports. Actually the only sport/activity that I have been involved in that I can honestly say 99.999% of the people involved are just plain ole' good folks.
  7. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member Supporting Member

ISB,

All you need to do to win the match is shoot all A's really fast. ;)
    Shoot well and refuse to lose.
  8. IShootBack

The Zen Master of IDPA agrees with you. Winning is mostly a mindset brought on by a desire to acheive.