If no seperation of church & state....

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by 45Auto, Nov 1, 2012.

1. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

Which religion would become the official state religion of he USA if we no longer have the seperation of church & state? Of course it would be Christian, but which one? should we sellect our state religion by voting, or maybe it should be the religion of our president. I'm sure there must be some interesting ideas.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

with the president you have now , islam would be the state religion , sharia the law of the land and this forum shut down its members hunted to extinction
  3. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

I've seen him drink beer and eat pork chops. If he's a follower of Islam, he aint into sharia law. ;)
  4. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

BTW, Jack, did Australia ever have a state religion?
  5. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

If I'm not mistaken, it is perfectly ok to engage in forbidden practices in order to gain power so you can eventually force people into submission; or defeat them.

NOTE:
    There is only one TRUE form of Christianity! Though it may manifest itself in different "denominations".

If the government ever took control over religion, we would most likely see the rise of the "tyranny". This would once again lead to people seeking TRUE freedom in Christ. (Which IS the reason the USA was formed in the first place.)

-
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  6. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Southern Baptist...cause I say so.:lmao2:
  7. markfh

markfh New Member

Just curious. Could one of the learned ones here please direct me to the paragraph in the Constitution or Bill of Rights where it says there is a "separation of church and state".
  8. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

SCOTUS and lower court rulings, from what I can discern.
  9. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

It is not explicitly stated in that manner, but is implied in the First Amendment. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..." . Essentially that means the same thing.

It was not always thus, and in fact we went thru several periods during the early colonial days of permitting/rescinding freedom of religion.
  10. markfh

markfh New Member

That's all well and good but where's the beef?

Answer: There is NO separation of church and state in the constitution or bill of rights.

What people usually refer to is the "establishment clause" and contorting that to the position that there is a separation of church and state is a perversion of the original intent.
  11. markfh

markfh New Member

No, it is NOT "essentially the same thing". They intended only that the state would not "establish" a state religion.

Let me add that words have meaning and they must be understood in context.
  12. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

we where a Christian nation when i first left for Cambodia, somewhere between then and Rwanda we became a multi cultural nation and the attack on Christianity and Christian morals began.. the following year we had our first gay mardi gras

Taqqiya and kitman are islamic doctrines that allows lies deception enjoyment of forbidden things if your long term goal is to advance islam

look up how the 9/11 hijackers lived and on the strict instructions they had to make themselves "clean" again before they got on the planes Zakowi was very very strong about that , read it yourself , they have it all documented

look at the steps they took

first they got the ok from a senior imam and a jurga ( a group of lesser imam's) who agreed it was ok as it was for the glory of islam and a attack against its enemies

then they had a series of acts they had to do to stay clean while they where doing the harum ( forbidden or unclean) things and again before they went on the planes , to ensure they would be accepted by allah

they used hookers drugs booze all for the glory of allah

so by the doctrine of kitman and the use of taqqiya

all is ok
  13. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

In a letter dated January 1, 1802 Thomas Jefferson wrote this to the Danbury Baptist Association in Connecticut:

"I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State"

This was published in a Massachusetts newspaper at the time. Jefferson's metaphor has been cited by the Supreme Court a couple times.
  14. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The "beef" is the power of the Supreme Court and the agencies that enforce "their" interpretations of the court rulings. You have no "beef" with me. I certainly believe in the concept of our religious roots and the freedoms to believe and express any of those beliefs.
  15. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

IMHO, it is a language thing.

It is clear to all of us that the second amendment gave ALL the right to bear arms, but those opposed hang on to the word 'milita' to infringe on that right.

The prohibition against establishing a 'religion' was merely to assure that the state would not declare Baptists or Catholics or some other denomination to be THE church of the US. I do not believe they had any conception that this amendment would one day be used to protect groups outside of the original judao-Christian beliefs of the founders, nor to remove all Judao-Christian references from everything public.

I surely do wish they would have used more explicit language in BOTH the First and Second amendments to preclude all the twisting that has been done to both over the years - -

I for one would be overjoyed for the Fed to declare the USA was Judao-Christian or Abrahamic. It sure would solve a lot of the problems we face with this multi-cultural garbage we are embroiled in now -