1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

If you could only have one .22 LR

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by jjfawks, Jan 1, 2010.

1. dusty9

dusty9 Member

rifle: Marlin 39A Its record and longevity speaks for itself

handgun: Ruger Single Six

The problem is "only one". I have 12 or 15 .22's, handguns and long guns combined and have no intention of selling or trading any of them. If anything, I may end up with more.
  2. copey

copey New Member

hw66 1 of the nicest looking rifles avaible shoots good to.
  3. copey

copey New Member

magazines are expensive but its out performs my cz i use for hunting

Attached Files:

4. copey

copey New Member

heavy though
  5. GERTIEGUY

GERTIEGUY New Member

OK, here we go:
    1. Handgun- Ruger Mk 1
    2. Rifle- My First .22 - will never wear out and shoots great even after zillions of rounds-Stevens 15A. Yep a single shot....but I'm fast with it.
  6. MYREDTAIL

MYREDTAIL New Member

I have a Rem Nylon 66 since 1977 in the Apachie black with the Chrome BBl, & have taken load's of woodchucks with it throught the years, combined with either CCI Stingers or Rem Yellow Jackets all work great on the chucks out to apx 100yd's, with a solid body or head shot, one shot kills with this combo.As this is my favorite rimfire gun.
  7. iflyfish

iflyfish New Member

I can't choose....I am weak....
  8. budman46

budman46 New Member

savage/anschutz sporter...

budman

ignorance is fixable, stupidity is forever...
  9. EvanB

EvanB New Member

Ruger 10/22, target barrel and trigger job. Have two and cant say which I like best. They shoot CCI Velocitors into dime size groups at 70 yards and never vary more than 3/4" high or low out to 90 yards.

I've owned a lot - not all, other .22's. Semi-auto, lever, bolt, single shot, match, target, hunting, revolvers, pistols and rifles. Winchester 9422, 9422M, 52B, Marlins, 39A, 60, Remingtons, Smith and Wesson, CZ, Magnum Research - heck - a whole lot of them.

Ruger 10/22 as stated.:)
  10. brookes_husband

brookes_husband New Member

Laugh if you want, but mine would have to be my 522 Viper (after taking the magazine apart and sanding the slider down so it would actually feed) Great little rifle. I actually rebuilt 5 other .22lr's and this is by far my favorite... But, it does have it's drawbacks, It doesn't have the aftermarket venue that a 10/22 has, and magazines need to be swapped with an American made steel replacement (cost $45.00+)... But I must also admit that trigger pull doesn't bother me, as this one is hefty... But, shot groups are very important and very impressive... I was a hater of this nylon replacement until a soldier of mine brought me this rifle to try to solve the misfeed problem they have... I fixed the problems and when he was re-assigned to Alaska and couldn't take his rifle with him, I bought it off of him and have never had another issue out of it, in 6 years...
  11. gendoikari87

gendoikari87 Former Guest

Ruger mark III 22/45 bull barrel, absolutely love this gun. It's got a lot of aftermarket modability and DOES NOT NEED IT. The only thing I might consider is a volquartsen accurizing kit, but truth be told it doesn't need it.

I'd also keep my 10/22 as it's getting a bullpup stock soon.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  12. brookes_husband

brookes_husband New Member

[​IMG]
    It would have to be my Viper 522, after I repaired to misfeed issues of course...