If you don't hear from me tomorrow.....

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by 3gunner, Jan 14, 2005.

1. 3gunner

3gunner New Member

No post from me tomorrow. A full day and night of shooting is in store. Thats right, a special day/night 3 gun match. Start shooting at 10:00 a.m. in the morning. A short break for supper then resume shooting at 0 dark thirty for a night time match. Man, I'm looking forward to this.
  2. pickenup

pickenup New Member

Drool.....drool.........let us know what it was like.
  3. IShootBack

IShootBack Active Member

Where?

Blackwater???
  4. 3gunner

3gunner New Member

No, it was at "The Range" which is near Oxford, NC. Started yesterday morning and finished up around midnight. Twelve stages total, and a great time had by all. But I am feeling it today.
  5. IShootBack

IShootBack Active Member

A group of my shooting buddies go dwn there. They went last weekend to a match. Frank puts on a good match. Always something a bit unexpected at his matches.

I have never been to one, but hope to get down there this year.
  6. pickenup

pickenup New Member

Body would not let me do 12 stages any more. Sounds like a blast. Are the results posted online anywhere?
  7. 3gunner

3gunner New Member

IShootBack,

Well come on down and join us. Frank is a great Area Coordinator for IDPA and puts on great matches. He has six bays which include a long range rifle bay and a shoot house with different rooms, narrow hallways, and a staircase (pretty realistic). He also has a few stages across the street where you run stages through the woods. You will have fun and will diffenently be challenged.

We shoot IDPA every first and second Sunday. 3 gun matches are on every third Sunday. Then there are those special matches thrown in like the Day/Night/Day IDPA matches, Day/Night 3 Gun's, NC Recon and CTI which are both 3 gun matches on steroids, just to name a few. If thats not enough for ya there are several other ranges around here holding matches as well. You can literally shoot competition all weekend every weekend if'n you wanted to.

Pickenup,

The Range does have a website and they post all of the match results as well as upcoming match schedules. I don't think the most recent results have been posted yet buy should be up soon. You can check it out at:
    www.the-range.com