If you think the dem's got it tough , look at george

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jack404, Nov 4, 2010.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Billionaire investor George Soros, who’s known as the Democrats biggest backer, had a bad Tuesday night.

But it wasn’t just losing the House. (Actually, he had been predicting a Republican landslide for weeks.)

Soros also donated at least $1 million toward the campaign to legalize marijuana in California — which failed.

He also funded the Secretary of State Project — which failed — according to Mark Hemingway at Washington Examiner. This attempt to elect secretaries of state willing to impose Democrat-friendly election law failed as Republican candidates won 17 of 26 races.

Additionally, he gave money to a campaign to end a redistricting commission in California — which failed.

and his deal with Brazil over the oil is sunk ...

poor george
  2. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!
  3. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Spooky Dude is pissed now I bet.

Next time he might double or triple his donations.
  4. 199er

199er New Member

Way to go George!!
  5. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

It's karma.

His karma ran over his dogma.
  6. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

Makes ya wonder if people were twisted before they became billionaires or got twisted after they became billionaires? I wouldn't want to get a billion dollars if I had to think like George.....or would I?
  7. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I don't know-

I think Soros may be more about money than "power".

I understand the way he made is fortune was by destroying a country's economy and devaluing it's dollar. If this is true, he's made a lot of money is the last few years.

If anything he may be looking to move his attentions elsewhere. They're dozens of budding democrocies and dictatorships around the world where he may be able to make a lot more money than he can in America. (Perhaps he will cut his losses and count his chips now; and hopefully look for a new game elsewhere.)

I think the Dems are just to stupid to realize they are nothing more than pawns in the Soros' chess game.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  8. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I've met two real good billionaires that were just like any other "regular" guy. (only richer) I also know at least a dozen "conservative" down-to-earth multi-millionaires.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010