If you're thinking of moving

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Bobitis, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

2. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Why should they get the vote? It isn't racism. They have committed serious crimes, therefore, should remain locked up in prison.

I think it's more or less the liberals trying to get more votes. They know that the inmates will vote for them, because the liberals are "soft" on them. And dumb people think "Oh yeah we have to be nice to them because they're people too." Like they think they are being progressive or goodie-two-shoes people by doing this when in all reality it's just stupid.

That's like I was watching the Glenn Beck show tonight, and saw this commercial for some other news program where they went and tried to interview this judge that got all these bad guys out of prison, probably on some kind of technicality.

I think our legal system is in many ways back a$$wards. Kind of like the death penalty. All these convicted murderers in many states go to prison without parole and they get a roof over their head, a bed to sleep in, a toilet to go in, and someone that loves them, and lots of attention in the shower room. If you ask me, the cost of a bullet is cheaper than the cost of incarceration. And it's not "cruel" or "unusual." It's quick and to the point. These "felons" deserve no voting rights of any kind. Sentence them to a .22 LR and finish it right there and then.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  3. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    All inmates in prison are not really worth the effort to allow them the same considerations as other people. Any time you deal with an inmate about anything it is always about race, it doesn't matter that they are a habitual criminal and doing a life sentence.

It is always i am black and i am not being treated fairly, a inmate is and will always be an inmate (black or white) they don't have anything coming but staying in prison until their physical health will no longer allow them to commit crimes.
  4. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

i dont think that anyone that is part of gov. programs should be able to vote. prison. welfare ... whatever! god i hate the left.
  5. petesusn

petesusn New Member

You have to consider that the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals is the most liberal court in the country. Also, they have had more decisions overturned by higher authority than any other court. I'll just wait and see before I get my blood pressure up.
  6. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I have been thinking about it, and this viewpoint has a lot of merit.

Look at the bail-outs of industry which the great BO did earlier this year.

Then, he claimed the right to tell them how much to pay their people and how to run their businesses. When this was questioned, he said that when the government bailed them out, it gained that right. Sort of proof that they could not make their own decisions any longer.

So if that applies to INDUSTRY, it sure should apply to INDIVIDUALS.

Anyone living on the government enforced charity, or subsidized room and board while incarcerated, has shown they are incapable of making their own decisions in a rational manner - -
    And one of the most important individual decisions is voting!

You may be on to something here - -
    And GM is the precedent -
  7. rocklinskier

rocklinskier New Member

Well, despite your warnings, that's what I'm about to do. I'll help, I promise. Voting out all Dems/Lib/left wingers that I can. That is my vow for the next 20+ years.

As for the subject. Unbeleivable. It amazes me that anybody feels that convicted felons have a right to vote. Black, White, Brown, doesn't matter. A felon is a felon. Should we have Bernie Madoff start writing tax laws?? Oh wait, we already have Tim Geitner (sp)....same thing.
  8. ampaterry

And without the prisoner vote and the welfare vote, no liberal would EVER get in office again - - -
  9. walien

walien Former Guest

Who better to evaluate crooks than crooks? :)
  10. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Good point. and sadly, very true. That must be why NC changed the voting laws in 2008 so prisoners could vote. and guess who they voted for:rolleyes:
  11. muddober

muddober Active Member

How right you are.

Ron
  12. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

No one should be allowed to vote unless they can produce proof that they are gainfully employed, reporting income and paying taxes during the election year. Otherwise it would be like congress voting themselves a raise. Oh, they did that. It ain't right either!
  13. ampaterry

Being retired with an income below the level requiring income tax, that knocks me out of voting on TWO of your listed criteria.

Another criteria which I have heard suggested several times is this:

Since a MAJOR portion of tax income is through PROPERTY taxes, and since that tax money is SPENT by people elected into office, only property owners should be allowed to vote.

Although that one WOULD allow me to vote and get a lot of the losers out of the voting booth, I do not favor it because it would exclude a LOT of people who, although gainfully employed and STRONG Americans, have simply decided to rent instead of purchase a place to live for any one of many good reasons.
  14. rocklinskier

rocklinskier New Member

My thought has always been this, and I've said it for years.

The right to vote comes with filing income tax.

Now, that doesn't mean that you have to be a land owner.

It doesn't mean you have to make a lot of money.

It just means that you file taxes each and every year. If you are below the income level to pay taxes, you still file, and pay no tax. Land ownership has no bearing on being a taxed citizen.

If you don't file taxes, or are a convicted felon, you should not have the right to vote. Period. This knocks out the dirtbags, illegals, and anyone who is hiding from the gov. because of illegal or fraudulant purposes. Still allows all legal non criminal (felons) citizens to have a say in how their tax dollar is spent.

But then again, I've always been a advocate of a straight line tax. Let all the tax lawyers and tax happy congress people go find something else to do. Set percentage of income. Each and every person could do their own taxes in less time than it takes to fill out a permission slip for your kid to go on a field trip. Cut and dry. Easy.......yeah right, I can hear the progressives screaming from here.